Most Annoying Things On Civ5 - Fixing Mods

Genghis.Khan

Person
Well, upon reading many files I became aware of the game aspects that players believe that are really annoying. And so I decided to create mods to fix them. This is NOT a Request Thread, but I wouldn´t mind some requests.

So here goes the list:

1.Cities have an very high combat strenght FIXED http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=20233

2.Cities loss to much population when captured RELEASE 12-Oct-2012 (Less Demaged Captured Cities)

3.Research is too Fast; Production too Slow RELEASE 12-Oct-2012 (Research/Production Balance)

4.Marathon/Epic Productions should be Faster RELEASE 13-Oct-2012 Faster Marathon/Epic Production

5.Happiness Penalties aren´t harsh enought RELEASE 14-Oct-2012 Harsher Happiness Penalties

Genghis.Khan

5.Happiness Penalties aren´t harsh enought RELEASE 14-Oct-2012 Harsher Happiness Penalties
:nono: Harsher penalties would make it boring. Instead remove excess happiness & maybe add unhappiness with each new era. That would also make beelining counter-productive.

Most annoying things about Civ 5:

1. Friendly AI civs should not send Great Prophets directly to your capital. This should be considered an act of war. Maybe mod it so GP's also attrit (like missionaries) if you don't have open borders? I have had to do the ring-around-the-rosie blocking dance for over 150 turns in some games because I didn't want to declare on a good trading partner that was insistent on religion-bombing my capital.

2. CS coup mechanics for the AI civs desperately need changing. It is insanely annoying to put 1000 gold into a CS, only to lose all of your influence the next turn because of a coup. I'm not saying that the mechanic should be removed, just tweaked down a bit. Right now it is way too easy for the AI to coup.

3. The AI needs to recognize that you just killed 50 of their units while defending your empire after they attacked (without losing any of your own) and not offer ridiculous peace deals that ask for all of your gold, luxuries and cities when they have clearly been losing.

4. The AI cheating is a bit excessive, particularly when they can materialize large numbers of units out of nowhere and move/attack with them on the same turn. The problem with trying to fix this of course is that the AI pretty much has to cheat in order to have any kind of a chance against a human player, so I'm not sure how this could be modded without a complete workover of AI combat strategy.

Request:
1. Remove the mood heading in Leaders screen to show if a leader is Friendly or Angry or Afraid.

I heard this was in the game originally and would like to try it without, but I can`t find a Mod that does this.

2. Oh and a `No GDR` that`s downloadable from Civ fantatics. i`ve had nothing but trouble from the one that forces itself from Steam.

Most annoying things about Civ 5:

1. Friendly AI civs should not send Great Prophets directly to your capital. This should be considered an act of war. Maybe mod it so GP's also attrit (like missionaries) if you don't have open borders? I have had to do the ring-around-the-rosie blocking dance for over 150 turns in some games because I didn't want to declare on a good trading partner that was insistent on religion-bombing my capital.

This is already the case. Any AI which attempts to religion-bomb you when you have your own religion is only faking "Friendly" and is likely planning an attack.

Top Bottom