Weekend Specials Online

Where have you been ?

The entire steam market is like a virtual stockmarket, tens of thousands of items, cards and keys are traded every day. People speculate on all sorts of things from DOTA2 items, to CSGO stickers, TF2 hats and keys are frequently traded. People even sell items worth thousands of dollars, often in game to avoid paying the Steam market fee. But thats for the crazy people.

Hmm...
I just sell my cards when I can get more than € 0,12 cents for them. It never occured to me to buy some just for selling later. It seems like something that's only really profitabel if you spend a lot of time browsing the market and playing games you don't really care about.

What I recommend is:

1) Get to steam level 10 - this gives you a 100% chance of receiving booster packs
Every 10 levels gives you 10% more chance of getting cards.

2) Farm all the cards in your steam library
This boost the chance for steam booster packs

3) Sell cards just above the market value, cards prices do go up and down. Normally they will spike upwards during an event / steam sale.

Dont worry about the steam market
Just use the profit from cards to buy some steam games, dont bother the steam market.

You need to farm all those cards, I AFK 3 games at the same time to empty my steam library of cards in order to be eligible for card pack drops.
I think I have gotten 6 booster packs so far, sold them off. Some people gamble by opening them in the hopes of foil cards which are worth a lot more.

Yeah except with download data caps you don't just redownload your entire library of games just for cards...

Anyway I don't care about this enough to do that.

Plus I got about 4 booster packs randomly without even doing this effort. I sold one I think but then later on it seemed like the price of opening them or selling 3 cards individually was marginally different so I opened them and sold after.

New Humble Bundle: Humble Jumbo Bundle 2.

PWYW: Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Complete Pack, Deadlight, GalCiv II Ultimate Edition
BtA ($5.22 at time of writing): Terraria, King of Fighters XIII, CK2 (+3 unit packs)
$15: Age of Empires Legacy Bundle

A pretty solid bundle if you don't already own the games.

BtA games now include Orcs Must Die 2 Complete, Pixeljunk Eden, and Legend of Grimrock.

Makes it a lot more attractive since I don't have any of those and have considered grimrock multiple times!

Newegg has far cry franchise pack (1, 2, 3 and blood dragon) digital codes for $18.75 for today and tomorrow. That same pack is on steam for $40 regular price so it's a pretty good deal. I'm not sure if steam has ever discounted the entire pack 75% though they do the individual games that much during sales.

What I recommend is:

1) Get to steam level 10 - this gives you a 100% chance of receiving booster packs
Every 10 levels gives you 10% more chance of getting cards.

:confused: So if you're level 30, do you have a 120% chance of receiving booster packs?

I'm level 9 and have never received a booster pack. One of my friends who's a couple levels below me did, though.

I did craft a couple badges (after selling other cards to do so), to see if it would result in receiving booster packs and perhaps pay for itself. But alas, it has not so far.

Battle vs Chess, RPG animated chess game on 81% off steam weeklong special, was only £2.84.

Looks really nice.

Here's some more games from latest humble bundle that I already have. Please share the love and only redeem one for yourself.

Update: Gog.com is removing a bunch of games from their library and has them on sale until sept 2. I think they lose licensing on some games from time to time and they get removed. Too many to list, I think they are all on steam, but check it out if you like drm free cus it's going bye bye.

Is Crusader Kings 2 any good? Two things worry me. First, the learning curve seems rather steep. Second, several of the people on Steam that reviewed it have 1000+ hours into the game. I don't want that someone to be me! :lol: I can't afford another 1000+ game like Civ4.

Here's some more games from latest humble bundle that I already have.

I see CK2, dose that mean you have Orc Must die 2 ?
Hit me up for some co-op, I am stuck half way through the campaign. The best action tower defense game hands down.

Yeah I did not have orcs must die 2, now I've got both 1 and 2, but I dunno when I'll get to it. I just finished tomb raider and I am going to fire up walking dead season 2 between dota matches now.

Is Crusader Kings 2 any good? Two things worry me. First, the learning curve seems rather steep. Second, several of the people on Steam that reviewed it have 1000+ hours into the game. I don't want that someone to be me! :lol: I can't afford another 1000+ game like Civ4.
It's great, and the learning curve really isn't that bad. Although maybe my frame of reference is skewed from trying (and failing) HoI3 and Vicky 2...

Just a heads up, Warlock: Master of the Arcane is free on the Humble Store for the next day or so. It is a mediocre at best game, but at a price of free you can't really go wrong.

Sweet, another game added to my backlog. At least it is a decent title.

EDIT: I Also have CK2 and the Norse, Russian and African unit packs from that Humble Bundle to give away. PM me and I'll get back to you at some point soon.

I also have the African Unit Pack on GamersGate that I accidentally bought when I already had it too to give away.

EDIT: I Just have a humble bundle African Unit Pack DLC left now.

Just a heads up, Warlock: Master of the Arcane is free on the Humble Store for the next day or so. It is a mediocre at best game, but at a price of free you can't really go wrong.

Nice, and humble store will have a free giveaway game every Monday.

The new humble bundle is pretty good too, a ton of indie games, $1 for hammerwatch, steamworld dig, gunpoint, BTA for luftrausers, gone home and papers please and $10 to add prision architect. I'm really excited for this cus I only own one game on the list (papers) and not a single one looks like a boring throw in.

There was a thread on here a bit ago about prison architect. It looks like a hilarious, sim city ish prison builder game. Gunpoint looks like an interesting puzzler, luftrausers has a decent review in our reviews thread, gone home has gotten some great reviews on metacritic (though pretty bad user scores), hammerwatch looks like a cool co-op 16bit style rpg.

Top Bottom