any way to have game end early?

rdaumeyer

Chieftain
I love Civ 5 -- until the map clogs with too many cities, units, blah, blah.

is there a way to play so that the game ends, say, in 1500?

Uh, OK.

What I'm looking for is a setting or a mod that allows the game to actually end early, win or lose.

I typically play for a few hours, loving it, then start losing interest around the 1800s, as things begin to bog down. Just my personal preference, of course. Just thought maybe other people might have felt the same way, and found a solution.

Do you want to just cut off the game at year X and have the game end screen appear?
Or do you want the technology level to stop at a certain point (like no modern era and beyond)?

The first one would probably be super easy to make for someone who does maps/scenarios - although there is no need to. Just hit retire whenever you want to stop.

I do not like the endgame either with all those modern units on every tile. But I guess I'm not really getting in that situation as I'm trying to win as early as possible rather than maybe playing to settle every piece of land, research every tech and have every building be built in every city (don't know if that is your playstyle, but it would explain it a bit, maybe).

Are you looking for the actual endgame time to happen earlier (instead of 2050)? Because you aren't going to hit any other victory conditions by that time.

Some settings? try this:

On the start menu select "Alexander" for the player
Select map size "Tiny"
Adjust the number of AI civs to 1

Start game, found Athens, build hoplites, kill opponent - bet you get a Dom victory before 1500 BC never mind 1500 AD

sorry!:)

Isn't there an advanced option to limit the game a certain number of turns, if my memory is correct and there is an option there, select 250 or 300 turns.

I guess the answer is to retire. I love the wide-open beginning, and the discovery aspect ... not so much when I have 20 cities.

Isn't there an advanced option to limit the game a certain number of turns, if my memory is correct and there is an option there, select 250 or 300 turns.

It appears to be proven by this thread that there at least used to be such a feature. I don't know if there is now.

Top Bottom