DoF not always available?

Yzman

Deity
Is there something that causes a declaration of friendship to not always be available? I haven't noticed this several times. I will have had one with a civ in the past and it and then I go and want a research agreement so I go and try to get one. It says I need a DoF. No problem. I go to the discuss menu but the option isn't even there.

Any reason behind this?

Is there something that causes a declaration of friendship to not always be available? I haven't noticed this several times. I will have had one with a civ in the past and it and then I go and want a research agreement so I go and try to get one. It says I need a DoF. No problem. I go to the discuss menu but the option isn't even there.

Any reason behind this?

Does DoF need Embassies? I forget if you need a certain tech either.

I have had them previously and I have embassies with everyone I know so neither of these are the issue.

Had you recently asked for a DoF with that civ and been turned down? If so, that's the answer - there's a cool down period if a civ says 'No' to a DoF during which time you can't ask again (not sure how long - maybe 20 turns?). They will still come and ask you though if they change their mind in the meantime.

Had you recently asked for a DoF with that civ and been turned down? If so, that's the answer - there's a cool down period if a civ says 'No' to a DoF during which time you can't ask again (not sure how long - maybe 20 turns?). They will still come and ask you though if they change their mind in the meantime.

That could very well be it.

It happens too when they offer it to you but turn them down. You can't ask them for x turns.

Don’t worry about the value of X. The AIs do not follow the same cool-down rules. If they are up for a DOF, they will ask you. You being able to ask only gets you the DOF one or two turns earlier than the AI asking first.

Top Bottom