3DS Max 7 -- Questions

the100thballoon

Emperor
(1) Can I increase the number of frames I can use in animations (the bar at the bottom that goes along with the autokey tool)

(2) Can I alter the frame-rate? (same thing as 1: the bar at the bottom that goes along with the autokey tool)

(3) Does anyone know of an explosions tutorial? If not, would you be willing to write me a brief tutorial?

(4) How else can you animate an object besides rotating it, changing its size, or moving it?

(5) Does anyone know of a flame tutorial? If not, would you be willing to write me a brief tutorial?

In the bottom right of your screen you see the frame number. Next to it you'll find a square icon with a red clock ("time configuration"). That should solve problems 1 and 2.
Usually 3DS Max comes with an elaborate tutorial on everything, including explosions, on a separate CD.
You can download some of them on the official website here or find tutorials here.
If you still don't find what you need I can send you a tutorial myself.

BTW:why are you pissed at Fireaxis? :)

(1) Thanks! I hv tried those sites already. Please send me a tutorial if its not too much trouble. :)

(2) Firaxis let us down with the modding in a way. They made everything moddable but then didnt provide a way for the average civer (or, especially, new gamer) to use that capability. Also, I must say that the WorldBuilder sucks (to be blunt). You can only edit games that hv already started. I hv no idea how they made their scenarios and maps this way (which are great btw, Firaxis :) ) Another thing: the game just seems so.... slow. In CivIII you could "rush" things, meaning fortify or automate ur units and whip through a few turns until something was built or researched. In CivIV it takes sooo long (IMHO) to get the "press enter to end turn" to appear, EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE EVERYTHING AUTOMATED OR FORTIFIED. WTF, Firaxis? People complained all the time about CivIII hving slow turns so u fixed it by making the in-between-turns period quick and the during-turns period long. Why? Another thing: what is up with the multiplayer? Is it gamespy's fault that I cant join or host a game (even when I turn off ALL FIREWALLS, VIRUS SCANNERS, AND ANTI-SPYWARE SOFTWARE? I might add: the multiplayer screen has a horriffic interface. Lastly, the help feature is... uh... HORRIBLE! The Civilopedia no longer has hyperlinks and it only covers about 10% of the concepts in the game! Actually... let me rephrase that: It mentions nearly every aspect of the game but then fails to provide any useful information on 90% of it. For example: How the **** am I supposed to rush things in my cities? Its a great benefit of some civics, but that means nothing when I cant even use it. I got sooo pumped up for this game, using only the facts on the prerelease pages (no rumors). Why on Earth should I be feeling let down? I bought CivIV as fast as I could, yet I hvnt played it in almost a week.

oops... you seem REALLY pissed... :) Haven't had the chance to see Civ IV myself, so I don't have an opinion yet (until next week when the friendly people of Amazon UK sendme my copy).
Can you please tell me what you have and what you want, because the tutorials are huge...

Top Bottom