Patch 3.19 won't install

I am trying to install the 3.19 patch on my computer (windows xp). I have been getting to the installation when installshield stops working. I have tried running the patch of the mygames/beyondthesword/patch section and unzipped it as well.

^ for me the installshield completes but simply doesnt affect the game. i cant play multiplayer and it still says i need an update. ORI WE NEED YOU HOMIE!

ORI I NEED YOU HELP, SIR!
Civ Version: 301
Save Version: 300
Build Version: 3.0.0.91
I downloaded the 3.19 patch and the installsheild itself said updating game from 3.17 to 3.19. But even after it was fully installed and finished the game is not updated and it still says the game needs PATCH_319 every time I try to go online! If I click install in-game, it simply stays on that screen. It doesnt freeze so at one point I left it to install in-game for 2 days to no avail. WHAT DO I DO???????

What OS are you using?
Is this a downloaded or disc version of the game?

It doesn't look like it is even patched to 3.17. Try patching to 3.17 (download it fresh from here) then patch to 3.19 (download it fresh from here), that often eases the 3.19 installation. The in-game updater rarely works for 3.19 so download and install the patches outside of the game. If you are using Vista or W7, to install the patch right-click on the .exe and select run as administrator.

Thanks man Ill give it a shot. It's so weird, for the first time in 2 years the in-game installer worked but when it said exit the game to install it only offered to uninstall the whole game. Why does technology have to be so ******ed?

Wow this is preposterous, the 3.17 patch wont download because it says the game itself is already patched to 3.19 and yet the game itself still demands the 3.19 update. Any other ideas on how to make the game know its already updated?

There are about 5 flavors of this issue in this thread. Mine is the Civ 4 Complete, begin with BTS 3.17 can't do 3.19 with patcher or download. I had Vanila prior to this.

Figure I might uninstall everything and start from scratch, but wanted to double check that no one had found a happier solution.

I have the exact same problem as the person above me. can someone help us out?

I am using the US version and have windows xp

I have tried installing it from both and when I am going through the installation process with the BTS background and hit install and nothing happens.

i just bought civ4 complete at walmart and i tried to play multi player and it told me to install patch 3.19 so i click ok and when it finishes it says you will be sent back to your computor and it will put up an install bar but when i do that nothing happens i have tried it 4 times already in the game install and 2 times trying to install from this site. when i try on the site i actualy get the install thing after the download up but when i finish nothing happens so can someone please help me :confused:

sorry about my spelling

Reinstalling 3.17 and then 3.19 worked for me.

I have Windows XP and Civ 4 Complete (US version).
I had 3.17 in the About This Build box and the 3.19 installer would do nothing after hitting the Install button.

Thanks SkepticSquirrel

I'm having the same issue as described here (3.19 Patch just closes without any error message after i click "Install >"), but the workaround suggested by the 2 previous posters wont work either, the 3.17 Patch terminates with the message "No installed Version of BTS found".

I have the european Version of Civ4 Complete (3-in-1) which reports as Patch 3.17 after installing, and i'm running Windows 7-x64.

I tried all different sorts of workarounds, downloading the patch manually or in-game, doing at least 5 clean installs, trying to apply the patch with or without Admin rights, and using the Compatibility Wizard, all to no avail :(

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Top Bottom