Votes: 18 46.2%
  • I always raze if it us under a certain population

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I prefer to puppet in most cases

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • I like pie

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
If its a capital. (Good capital) but most capitals seem good. But I dont have that much trouble annexing mediocre cities either, dont get that many happines problem, but maybe thats because i play lvl 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having enough happiness to be able to afford it. In the long run, its either raze and burn or annex for me. When warmongering Ill wait for the courthouse tenets of the ideoligies to kick in.

I will annex if it can help me to be stronger and/or finish the game faster(mostly productive cities). I do prefer pie though :)

it entirely depends on the circumstances. i factor in the game type and whether or what victory conditions i am going for (sometimes its too early to decide what kind of victory to aim for). whether the city has resources, if i want to liberate it now or later, and so on. i dont really have set criteria.

Unless you've gone Order and already have the tenent that gives free courthouse for annexing
immediately then when planning to keep you should initially puppet and wait until it comes out of resistance before annexing. (I don't see puppet initially and annex later on this poll.)

I usually puppet until I can get enough population and military garrison to support the city. Then, if it's a well-placed, big city, I'll most likely annex it. If the city sucks, it remains puppeted, and if it really sucks, I'll raze it.
Except when someone settles in the exact spot I was going to before I can get there, in which case I usually raze the city to the ground and build a city on top, to avoid the warmonger and occupied unhappiness penalties.
Personally I prefer coconut cream pie.

I annex usually when I have enough happiness for the city to be able to build the courthouse in time.

Voted I like pie. I only capture cities that are on my borders, I don't want to have to protect a city far away, but I always annex when they come out of resistance, or raze.

Well I like to raze everything but a capital, I don't like having lesser people in my empire lol

Top Bottom