• Hungary

Votes: 50 14.0%
  • Canada

Votes: 32 9.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 20 5.6%
  • Finland

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Another Barbarian Civ (Goths, Vandals)

Votes: 14 3.9%
  • Another Native American Civ (Sioux, Cherokee)

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Another African Civ (Zimbabwe, Benin, Swahili)

Votes: 28 7.9%
  • Other (please list)

Votes: 53 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ubergeneral

Warlord
This topic is different from the "Brave world 9 new civs" topic
This is assuming the most wanted civs are in.

Poland, Assyria, Brazil, Zulu, Kongo, Indonesia, new native american civ, and portugal

All eight of these civs are the most requested so in this topic lets assume they are in.
As for that last slot, it's anyones guess, but what i'm curious about is what is the next most wanted civ by civ fans?

A dark horse is basically something you wouldn't expect to happen because it came seemingly out of nowhere.

In this case, a "dark horse' would be a civ that gets into the game in defiance of the majority's expectations.

It seems debatable whether or not we could consider Israel or Italy dark horses, because they have a fair number of advocates.

It would be great if the Anasazi could still make it in in some form.

Argentina.

Why?:

- We already have 3/9 male leaders, Firaxis will try to even the scales including at least 2 or 3 famale leaders. Enter Eva Perón "spiritual leader of Argentina" and very well known thanks to the musical/movie.

- Prior to Brazil i wasn't sure that firaxis will include any latin-american modern country, but with Brazil in thats no longer the case (this can work both ways though. Maybe TWO latin american modern countries is too much to include in a single expansion).

- Argentina can also make sense with the expansion Theme "Brave NEW WORLD", tourism (tango!) and trade ("Granary of the world" as an UA Maybe?)

I still think is VERY Far fetched, so.. it would really be a Dark Horse.

I don't care that the thread is repetitive, more so that you didn't include the Phoenicians!!!

I wouldn't say "Canadia" came from nowhere. Then again, if people can't spell it, it can't be very well known.

The spelling is just marvelous.

I picked Hittites, although I would still like to see Israel/Hebrews/Judaea in some form in Civilization.

This is a really vague kind of question because it's all based on some weird notion of what civs Firaxis is "supposed" to put in.

So by expecting an unexpected Civ it then becomes expected thus... not a dark horse?

So by expecting an unexpected Civ it then becomes expected thus... not a dark horse?

Paradox!

Anyways, that's what I was thinking. Italy is considred a dark horse, yet there are pages of arguments devoted to their inclusion. :lol: :lol:

The fact that you haven't included Italy in either your shoe-ins or dark horse list suggests to me you haven't really been paying attention to any of the other poll threads.

Top Bottom