• Hungary

Votes: 50 14.0%
  • Canada

Votes: 32 9.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 20 5.6%
  • Finland

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Another Barbarian Civ (Goths, Vandals)

Votes: 14 3.9%
  • Another Native American Civ (Sioux, Cherokee)

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Another African Civ (Zimbabwe, Benin, Swahili)

Votes: 28 7.9%
  • Other (please list)

Votes: 53 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since the expansion focuses on trade, Novgorod should really be in...

I really doubt the principality of Novgorod would ever get in by itself. A consolidated Kievan Rus' under Yaroslav (which included Novgorod) would be much more likely, but I feel the game, unfortunately, kind of considers Kievan Rus' as simply part of Russian history.

Not what I meant. I meant that Maria Theresa was literally the Queen of Hungary. I don't think any current leader is the sovereign of another ingame civ. I could be wrong there, but if not then I'm just attesting that Firaxis probably used Austria-Hungary as the implicit basis of the Austria in-game.
Well, Poland got in, it was completely overtaken by Russia and others. Also Picts are from Britain, so is Elizabeth, it is a small area. They just have choose leader from time of independence and glory. If they do not plan to add Hungary then they should rename the civ Austria-Hungary, and make it explicit that there is no hope for Hungarians.

It would make a nice City-State.

Umm.. Winged Hussars were not light cavalry
At least not in the sense as the Hussars from the previous countries
Hussars originate from the southern parts of Hungary, and from Serbia
And they were popularized in Europe from there, based on the Hungarian Hussars
Also, the Black Army of Matthias Corvinus wasn't a cavalry army, it had relatively few horsemans...
Pls get your facts right :/

Once again, the light Hussars of Hungary, which were spread throughout Europe, and the semi-heavy Winged Hussars of Poland are a very different thing
Why would it be a problem to have both ingame? Just because their name is similar?
Can not blame one for his inborn stupidity! With that being said, Hussars come from Hungary, there they were heavy cavalry, the polish remake changed them into light cavalry. There were many variations of Hussars, in fact so many that Hussars became what the word literally means 'a man on a horse' or something along these lines. Not sure if that makes sense :), hope it does!

I guess it is ok for Austria and Poland to have their own Hussars so long as they differentiate, which they do because Austrian ones are more modern. I said that I was just thinking out loud. The idea of horsemen with wings fascinates me, it is ultimate level of awesome.

The term 'relative' is relative. I thought the Black Army consisted of things that armies of those days consisted of, however it was heavily based on horses. Perhaps I was wrong, Wikipedia is 'relatively' trustworthy source x(...

Well, Poland got in, it was completely overtaken by Russia and others. Also Picts are from Britain, so is Elizabeth, it is a small area. They just have choose leader from time of independence and glory. If they do not plan to add Hungary then they should rename the civ Austria-Hungary, and make it explicit that there is no hope for Hungarians.

Catherine was the protector of Poland, not sovereign, and Elizabeth wasn't the explicit Queen of the Picts. But perhaps you're right in that this doesn't factor into Firaxis' civ-choosing decisions; I just recognise Maria Theresa quite well as the Queen of Austria and Hungary (distinctly). Regardless, I still believe Hungary, as unfortunate as this is, will not be in CiV.

Novgorod is Russia's 3rd city...
Sorry, I confused the city with another one. What I had in mind was Vladivostok, which is sooooo far from Moscow, I am pretty sure Russians would not mind if something were to happen to it >:-D... they would not even notice. Then they could build their super long railway to South Africa instead.

Catherine was the protector of Poland, not sovereign, and Elizabeth wasn't the explicit Queen of the Picts. But perhaps you're right in that this doesn't factor into Firaxis' civ-choosing decisions; I just recognise Maria Theresa quite well as the Queen of Austria and Hungary (distinctly). Regardless, I still believe Hungary, as unfortunate as this is, will not be in CiV.
Call them protectors who take all the money and make all the decisions what you want. I also do not think that they will add Hungary, still it is unfortunate, I would like them to be included.

Illyria with Queen Teuta :).

God i hate the Teuta in your mod Rob, she keeps pissing me off and everytime i look at her petulant face i feel like slapping her lol :X . Good job on AD tho ^^ .

I would like to see maybe Caanaanites , Nabateans or Majapahits.

So great to see Finland as a option in a poll for once, but voted for Khazars. IMO, they would be excellent choice and, since hardly anyone knows much about them, a real Dark Horse. :)

I am also for Yugoslavia, it would be unique representation off all south slavs, or at elast to put south slav/yugoslavian citys as city states...
I also think Yugoslavia fits well into world congres, cause it was one of the main factors in world politics of cold war era, they were only commies that ressisted Stalin, had biggest guerilla army in WW2, formed Non-aligned movement(peace movement that was neautral)...
Yugoslavia means land of SOUTH SLAVS, which ARE a civilization, and a very old civ, roughly first south slavs moved to balkan in 6-7 century...
Unfortunatelly south slavs didnt stayed united and strong true whole of theyre history,even thou they were great warriors, they were separated by east and west culture, not military power,since vatican puppets and byzantinnes were lousy warriors, till turks come and conquered balkan with huge force in numbers, and better, shell i say more modern military tactics, mongol one like, which made knights in shiny armour quite obsolete, just constant running around you and picking one by one with great bowman skills...
Only thing that would go against Yuga ist that that there is allready to many civs from Europe

Polynesia is one of the most unique and interesting civs, and i would like of firaxis to make something similar with inuits and aborigines (if they make canada or australia modern civs, i would put place for these people in UU or UB atleast), but those are only my humble wishes...

With that being said, Hussars come from Hungary, there they were heavy cavalry, the polish remake changed them into light cavalry

Sry, but still no :)
Hungarian Hussars were totally light cavalry originally, and the polish remade them to be heavier.
This process started around the end of the 16th century, when the hungarian king of Transylvania, István Báthory (Stefan Batory in polish) also became king of Poland, and organized a couple hussar regiments based on the hungarian model.

Anyway, just check a couple pics about which is light and which is heavy cavalry:
Hungarian Hussars:
Spoiler :

Polish Winged Hussars:
Spoiler :

I guess it is ok for Austria and Poland to have their own Hussars so long as they differentiate

I hope you mean Hungary and Poland ;)

I am also for Yugoslavia, it would be unique representation off all south slavs, or at elast to put south slav/yugoslavian citys as city states...
I also think Yugoslavia fits well into world congres, cause it was one of the main factors in world politics of cold war era, they were only commies that ressisted Stalin, had biggest guerilla army in WW2, formed Non-aligned movement(peace movement that was neautral)...
Yugoslavia means land of SOUTH SLAVS, which ARE a civilization, and a very old civ, roughly first south slavs moved to balkan in 6-7 century...
Unfortunatelly south slavs didnt stayed united and strong true whole of theyre history,even thou they were great warriors, they were separated by east and west culture, not military power,since vatican puppets and byzantinnes were lousy warriors, till turks come and conquered balkan with huge force in numbers, and better, shell i say more modern military tactics, mongol one like, which made knights in shiny armour quite obsolete, just constant running around you and picking one by one with great bowman skills...
Thanks for the history lesson, Yugoslavia is what I am going to read about today :), if I have some spare time >_>...

AbsintheRed I have to go now, I will answer you later!

I hope Zulu isn't the only African civ in this expansion. That would be an insult to the diversity of African cultures.

The KhoiKhoi (south african bushmen tribe-those with the clicking language- that the Dutch were the first to run across). Perfect location for African scenario, perfect time frame-size and still viable today. What a fun & different african civ that would make a grand leader interaction. click click!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khoikhoi

Possible leader: Autshumao Harry (or Herry to the Dutch) the strandloper.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autshumato

The toltec, a native american civ/canadaian tribe, Austrailia, or kongo.

Siam encompasses Vietnam, italy is covered by rome, and we have enough middle eastern and europeon civs. The majaput wouldn't be a dark horse by this point, which is really the only asian option I see.

There is a distinct lack of african, oceanic, and american civs, and the land down under has no representation.

Top Bottom