Subdued Animals in C2C discussions

@Dancing Hoskuld

Here is a better looking Zebra. Note I included the same files I have been since I needed to in order to see the new mesh. So all you really need is the new mesh/texture and icon/button (if you want).

Switching to this model makes it match the Zebra Chariot and Zebra Knight model (sicne they obviously used the ZT2 zebra). I personally think this model look better than the zebra you have. The down side is its not animated. I am not sure if the current zebra one you have is since I turn off all unit animations to save memory when playing.

Enjoy! :goodjob:

Those animals are sweet, Hydro. Good work on getting all those in. :goodjob:

Those animals are sweet, Hydro. Good work on getting all those in. :goodjob:

Yes they are, BUT do they have attack animations, if not WHY:confused::mischief:

Also can you add some more green or darkness to the turtle, looks weird white?

I know its been discused... but attack 2 on a moose? Deer get 3 attack and a moose stumbles when a deer is obliterated by the same hit by a car. With the general +1 attack to animals, a moose should be at least a 7.

Also they should spawn from marsh/swamp land (what ever that is that far north). Concidering they have legs like that to wade through swamps and other water sources.

Edit: Oh and I don't think I'm qualified to edit the v19 to due list so: Make subdued animals do something with the zoo. Seriously, the carnival gets all kinds of things and the zoo/aquarium has no animals related things outside a petting zoo. Bizzarre.

@Dancing Hoskuld

Here is an Ibex. I think this should spawn sheep resources in the same way Bison spawn Bison resources.

Hope you are enjoying all of these. :D I can't wait see them all with all the subdue animal bells and whistles. :goodjob:

Yes they are, BUT do they have attack animations, if not WHY:confused::mischief:

Because I am extracting them, not animating them. They are still models. Animation is beyond my skill.

Also can you add some more green or darkness to the turtle, looks weird white?

Yeah I need to fix that. The "blink" texture was messing it up.

EDIT: I tried to fix it but it still shows up.

I know its been discused... but attack 2 on a moose? Deer get 3 attack and a moose stumbles when a deer is obliterated by the same hit by a car. With the general +1 attack to animals, a moose should be at least a 7.

Also they should spawn from marsh/swamp land (what ever that is that far north). Concidering they have legs like that to wade through swamps and other water sources.

Edit: Oh and I don't think I'm qualified to edit the v19 to due list so: Make subdued animals do something with the zoo. Seriously, the carnival gets all kinds of things and the zoo/aquarium has no animals related things outside a petting zoo. Bizzarre.

The animals are in process of being rebalanced. I pushed changes to the standard ones already (including the Deer) but the special ones DH said he would do, as well as the subdued variants.

I agree with you about the zoo and aquarium and even museum, though by that point in the game, animals are harder to come by usually :) More uses for animals in general would be great, but there are some hurdles. :(

The animals are in process of being rebalanced. I pushed changes to the standard ones already (including the Deer) but the special ones DH said he would do, as well as the subdued variants.

I agree with you about the zoo and aquarium and even museum, though by that point in the game, animals are harder to come by usually :) More uses for animals in general would be great, but there are some hurdles. :(

Thanks for reminding me, I had not put it on the SVN. It is now, ;)

Because I am extracting them, not animating them. They are still models. Animation is beyond my skill.

Yeah I need to fix that. The "blink" texture was messing it up.

EDIT: I tried to fix it but it still shows up.

Well anyway you put them in, its Fantastic work, keep up the great work.:goodjob:

Well, you do have all those handy cages of animals hanging out in the carnival... they can easily be bred at the zoo... along with those animal herds. You also have the myth of such and such floating around. I guess you could add a :culture: point and a tag to the myths indicating the various animals used to build that myth. The :science: still goes dead, but adding :culture: tags to the myths in your capital would solve that issue.

Its really too bad that the game doesn't have some kind of meta space for your Civ. An over arching zone not based in a particular city. That way animals could be sacrificed to the myth anywhere in your borders and build the myth that way... or build projects as a global build. Not exactly something I have any idea how to build but it would be useful.

Anyway, maybe some kind of biologist unit/crocodile hunter/marine biologist/cyptologist unit that can wander around finding and capturing (they spawn subdued) animals for use later in the game. Useless for combat most likely, but useful for buildings. Makes it automatically search when fortified. Gives a reason not to develope every square of land and makes random useless terrian into a useful square in a round about way.

Top Bottom