The Deity Challenge Line-up #25 - Venice's Fool

No. 20 pop without cargo ships. All cargo ships are making GPT. I'm delaying Optics as long as possible since its pointless early and you don't need it for Colossus, which I got. When I finally get my MoV I will start the cargo ship mayhem. I think I could hit 100 pop (I'm going for points as I've never won that way).

I played about 70 turns, but there is so much going on here I missed some opportunities. I really want to start over and I want to think about exactly what I want to accomplish here...

Heh, very nice start, perfect for the 1st of April :goodjob:

Might try time victory 1st time ever.

Oh, something i'm not sure i understand. I just noticed that domination and time victory are enabled. Does "time victory" mean there is a turn limit (like they did in a GOTM some time ago, limiting the game to 250 turns), and if so what's the limit? If not, when does the game actually end? Civilopedia says that by default the game ends in 2050 but what turn is this?

If the limit is part of the surprise, ignore my question :)

Oh, something i'm not sure i understand. I just noticed that domination and time victory are enabled. Does "time victory" mean there is a turn limit (like they did in a GOTM some time ago, limiting the game to 250 turns), and if so what's the limit? If not, when does the game actually end? Civilopedia says that by default the game ends in 2050 but what turn is this?

If the limit is part of the surprise, ignore my question :)

I'm pretty sure the default is 500 turns to get to 2050.

wow, what a start. gonna need it for domination. nice petra and 500g staring at me too. have no idea how long i'll have to pay for those Merchants though. april 1st, indeed, haha.

I think that once victory is ensured, clicking Next Turn from 300ish to 500 will feel similar to waiting for the big fight in Harkyn's Castle (in The Bard's Tale) to play out. Anyone who knows what I'm talking about must be a fan of a great game indeed ;)

Yeah, probably going for some sort of domination unless Acken tells us there is a time limit earlier than 500 turns.
And yes, pretty crazy map. Don't know whether the GotM team made a special map for april 1st (apart from the obvious joke of playing France for Diplo) but it will be hard to beat this one :lol:

I think that once victory is ensured, clicking Next Turn from 300ish to 500 will feel similar to waiting for the big fight in Harkyn's Castle (in The Bard's Tale) to play out. Anyone who knows what I'm talking about must be a fan of a great game indeed ;)

We would need some Vikings for that one, sir.

Milestones...

T103 Rationalism

T110 Secularism

T127 373GPT

T140 - Ideology next turn. I could use some advice as to how best I'm gonna conquer every city in the world. And which Ideology to take. I'm tossing up Autocracy and Freedom. Don't think Order can help me, and I have had bad experiences with it in the past. I don't usually delay attack this much. Should I beeline Artillery and Tanks after this? Bombers? Wait til XComs?

The reason that I'm pondering this so much is...

I have a feeling that
Spoiler :
'Casimir Shaka'
, as I've taken to calling him, may well end up running away so much that I can't hold onto the tech lead. I'm playing for a Time victory, but I want to seize control of the whole landmass at some point. I can safely say that science, gold, etc, is no object. This is clearly an exceptional map. But I want to do this big 'push' as well as I can.

Thoughts?

I know this is a joke map and all, but this seems too hard for me :D

just about every other tile on the map has barbs and I can't seem to be able to buy any cities because it just throws me into mass unhappiness. How DO you play this crazy map anyway?

To get around the happiness problem, don't buy CS early but use the MoV to buy influence from mercantile CS, or a CS with a unique lux. Grow the city so it can build anything that gives happiness. Build wonders that give happiness, etc.

Yeah, I think I made the mistake of buying CS right away, but it worked out in the end because they didn't get eaten up by the AI's, and I needed those bases for my Stealth Bombers.

T193 Winning (obviously)

Spoiler :
All but wiped out 'Casimir Shaka'. I'll have Battleships in 3 turns and that will allow me to use my Range+Logistics to smash everything coastal PDQ. I wouldn't be surprised if I can slim the field down to just me, 'real Sejong' and 'real Shaka' by T250. Then it will just be a case of how many points I can rack up. Ideology-wise I opted for Autocracy. It's just too good.

Since only Time and Dom are enabled, I'm not sure
Spoiler :
Korea
is a good choice to include here.

Top Bottom