How can I change the leader portraits?

demonsbanenate

Chieftain
Okay I have a question that I'm desperate to find an answer to.

How do you change the leader portraits for Fall from Heaven 2, or indeed Orbis/Fall Further?

I've run dozens of searches and I can only find the leaderhead files for a handful of leaders, mostly from Fall From Heaven Age of Ice.

Where on Erebus are they? I literally just want to replace one file for another, so I can have my own custom leader portraits. :crazyeye:

Okay I have a question that I'm desperate to find an answer to.

How do you change the leader portraits for Fall from Heaven 2, or indeed Orbis/Fall Further?

I've run dozens of searches and I can only find the leaderhead files for a handful of leaders, mostly from Fall From Heaven Age of Ice.

Where on Erebus are they? I literally just want to replace one file for another, so I can have my own custom leader portraits. :crazyeye:

they are all hidden in the FPK file in assets folder

however, you can change the path to that file directly in xml
put your leaderhead dds and leaderhead icon dds files somewhere, preferably into /assets/art/
edit the /assets/xml/art/civ4artdefines_leaderheads.xml
go to your leader and change the button and NIF tag to new paths, where your new leaderhead files are

Thanks for the reply I'm giving it a go now! If this works you will be the proud recipient of one thousand pristine Internets.

Edit: Okay so I can change the path to a new .dds file that I've created from some art (.png converted to .dds with the "Compressonator" program) and it does find it - but unfortunately all I'm getting is a purple blank image. Do I need to convert from a certain file type to .dds, or just have a correctly scaled image? Or both?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Top Bottom