State Religion (User Interface)

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
This is a simple idea, I wasn't sure if this is a the correct spot, in case, for minor enhancments, move it, I was about to write this on BNW forum anyway.

Anyway.

I think there should a way for the game to propely recognize "State Relgiion". As of this moment, the game doesn't have an UI representation of State Religion, and the only two places where "State Religion" exists is in the Diplomacy Modifiers and Tourism spread.

In the game, the only thing that needs to be done is to represent which civs have a "State Religion", which means the religion that your nation is following in majority of your cities (i.e ITR, where if Protestantism spreads to most, you are officialy recognized as Protestant Nation)

I feel that this needs to be added into the main game. First of all, without religion, the Religious Overview is useless because your panel will always show your Pantheon despite it being extinct (Thanks to passive spread). So if the majority religion would be actually represented on that (Your Religion), it would help.

Another reason to implement "State Religion" is actually World Congress, if the devs would add notifications, you would know who would be likely to vote for "World Religion", as of right now, I actually noticed that even if you spread our religion to other nations, they don't actualyl bother voting Yea on World Religion.. with State Religion, you would :
A. Be able to know the chances of world religion passing (Which would hurt or help you depending on who proposed)
and..
B. This potentially could be used as a way to convince the AI to vote Yea on World Religion without you having to bribe them (despite it helping them gain +2 delegates)
and
C. We could add a new tab on Religion Overview that states what each nation is following, including Pantheons, this tab could represent if they have Pantheon still present, and the relative number of each followers (say, Ottomans would be listed as having Islam as state religion, and then number of cities following it in their territory (say 7/12). Other religions could be represented to help you with how many cities need to be converted.

I swear i had more concept, but basically I just think we need a proper User Interface Representation of

Hey, you should join me over in this thread which I made about State Religion just the other day. :)

Top Bottom