Do you still play Vanilla if you have Warlords?

Mehmed100

Hunger is Distasteful
I find I still play Vanilla. Firaxis changed some of my favorite leaders. I also play most of my mods on Vanilla because some aren't available for Warlords. I was wondering: Do you still play Vanilla if you have Warlords?

Do you still play Vanilla if you have Warlords?
Never.

I am that way with any game that releases an expansion or sequel. I can't bring myself to enjoy 'old & inferior' when 'new & improved' is available. I'm sure marketing teams love people like me.

I used to still play Civ4 Vanilla, because of the superb SevoMod.
In my mind all the additions and MANY civilizations in SevoMod were much better than pretty much anything in Warlords.
Unfortunately, Sevo won't update the Mod for Warlords, understandably because of the enormous amount of work it would take.

Just recently, I tried the ViSaMod 2.10 on Warlords and I was once again blown away! What a great addition!! So many civilizations, many unique units and buildings, restructured tech tree and foremost: a whole new timing and feel to the game.
In both Vanilla and Warlords I always felt that science/building/training were a little 'off' in their timing, maybe too rushed, even in 'Epic' games.

So, yes, with the ViSaMod I 'returned' to playing Warlords, without it, I probably wouldn't.

I play vanilla about 50/50 im still involved in many vanilla pbems, with both the mtdg and the isdg using vanilla i play them. also GOTMs then the times i just cant be arsed messing around with protective civs.

Haven't looked back. Even before Warlords came out, the number of possible leaders to play was beginning to wear thin, especially for the AI competition (Monty again? What a surprise!) The addition of the Trebuchet and UBs pretty much sealed the deal as well. Vanilla wasn't bad, it's just that Warlords is better, IMHO.

I just couldn't be bothered. I only have an icon for Warlords on my desktop (I hate excessive desktop icons). I don't know where my Vanilla CD is, but my Warlords disc lives in the drive. I don't miss it.

Since I recently upgraded my PC so CivIV Vanilla would run, I have a hard time deciding on Vanilla or Warlords (which I bought a couple of weeks ago). While trying to make up my mind, I went back to Conquests to play the Romans.:confused:

i do at times. just finished a cultural game with vanilla elizabeth. depends on my mood.

I typically play the main game, so I only play Warlords. Although I admit I have opened up the old mods every once in awhile...

I found Warlords to be richer and some bug/excessive MM issues fixed in Warlords, which made games more enjoable.

On other hand I still play Vanilla Gotm. They finally fixed whipping bug there properly and combination with attraction of ability to compare my game with others make Vanilla Gorm interesting enogth.

Nearly exclusively Warlords - enjoying the additional units/wonders/buildings.

But I do not consider myself a hardcore addict anyway.

I hear you, but there is a nice mod that just gives Warlords the opening screen and music from Civ4.

Where, praytell, can I find this mod? (I could probably hunt but if the Warlords opening stuff is as bad as I believe it is, I'm not going to be the only one wondering.)

Where, praytell, can I find this mod?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2845

I just installed that mod and got the music, plus the spinning world, which is all I wanted. In another thread, Sisiutil told me:

Sisutil said:
I went a couple of extra steps, though. I copied all of the files in the mod to C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Games\Warlords\CustomAssets\ to make them load with the regular game. I believe I also copied the Civ IV intro.bik file into C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Games\Warlords\CustomAssets\art\movies\intros so the original "coronation" opening movie plays.

Top Bottom