Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played about a hundred turns of a game with this, very interesting, definitely makes me look at exploration in a very differnet way, and exploration is my favorite part of the game, so that's pretty awesome.

However (of course ^^) I strongly dislike a lot of stuff the Community Patch does to the AI. Could you share which files ExCE needs in order to work ?

In regards to attrition, suggesting that forts or citadels also give reprieves.

Enemy Forts and Citadels, you mean?

Just played about a hundred turns of a game with this, very interesting, definitely makes me look at exploration in a very differnet way, and exploration is my favorite part of the game, so that's pretty awesome.

However (of course ^^) I strongly dislike a lot of stuff the Community Patch does to the AI. Could you share which files ExCE needs in order to work ?

I'm afraid that ExCE needs the CP DLL and therein lies the changes to the AI.

You don't need the Balance Patch, in any case just the base DLL patch. It really doesn't change too much from Vanilla.

Hello! I started a game and here are some thoughts:
- I suggest that barbarians get the immunity promotion for the surrounding terrain!
Especially in the snow (where they should "thrive") they always arrive at the gates of civilization almost dead :p

- I don't know why but my scouts don't get any more exp from exploring...they did until a certain point and then stopped.

- The AI doesn't understand terrain hazards, when their units get damaged from enviroment they freeze and (I think) stay there to try and heal, but they never reach full health again :'(

All things said I like very much the feeling of civ with this mod...it's almost like living in an enviroment that is trying to kill you and you have to decide if you want to risk and go out there or stay in the safety of your borders :p

You don't need the Balance Patch, in any case just the base DLL patch. It really doesn't change too much from Vanilla.

I know, but I find the changes actually kind of significant. The AI is completely inconsistent about trading for example, which eads to pointless micro where you check every turn if any AI will buy your resources at a reasonable price (granted you don't have do that, but then you just have extra resources laying around doing nothing and it bothers me), and I also find CSes tend to never ever move their units around with it, which makes it impossible to spread a religion to them or build roads through their territory.

This is not really the thread for it though, sorry for the off-topic.

I have launched a few games with this build of ExCE to check things out. I like pretty much everything (except the extreme version of naval exploration at the moment :p). The new resources spawn in pretty decent amounts, but I've not encountered any Tribes, even on Large Continents maps... still. :/ Either their chance of spawning needs to be upped, or terrain restrictions made less restrictive. I don't know how others have experienced that, but I've been unlucky to meet any Tribes whatsoever.

Hello! I started a game and here are some thoughts:
- I suggest that barbarians get the immunity promotion for the surrounding terrain!
Especially in the north (where they should "thrive" really) they always arrive at the gates of civilization almost dead :p

- I don't know why but my scouts don't get any more exp from exploring...they did until a certain point and then stopped.

- The AI doesn't understand terrain hazards, when their units get damaged from enviroment they freeze and (I think) stay there to try and heal, but they never reach full health again :'(

All things said I like very much the feeling of civ with this mod...it's almost like living in an enviroment that is trying to kill you and you have to decide if you want to risk and go out there or stay in the safety of your borders :p

XP from scouting is capped at 45

AI doesn't, but it also shouldn't be allowed to heal...

I have launched a few games with this build of ExCE to check things out. I like pretty much everything (except the extreme version of naval exploration at the moment :p). The new resources spawn in pretty decent amounts, but I've not encountered any Tribes, even on Large Continents maps... still. :/ Either their chance of spawning needs to be upped, or terrain restrictions made less restrictive. I don't know how others have experienced that, but I've been unlucky to meet any Tribes whatsoever.

About half the tribes only appear once you enter the Classical era. They are presently limited to only pertinent continent types, too. All these things can be changed if Tribes are too scarce.

Too bad, this means, that to have earliest Great Scout we need build Barrack first, then explore half of map and beat few barbarians (I'm still not shure if that woud be enough)
So that means if we explore map early we won't have great scouts from scouting, because to have 5 leveled scout we need more XP giving buildings, that comes too late, so upgrading scouts to great scouts is does'nt make sence.
About half the tribes only appear once you enter the Classical era. They are presently limited to only pertinent continent types, too. All these things can be changed if Tribes are too scarce.
So half of tribes tribes spawn when we enter classical era or they may spawn later? Right now I'm started in Classical era, opened whole map and no tribes at all.
Playing test game from ancent era, I found only 1-2 on map, maybe you should raise a chanse just a little bit.
BTW sarting in classical era I had great scout is it okay?

Enemy Forts and Citadels, you mean?.

I failed to realize that attrition does not happen within your borders. :blush:

On another note, I dreamed I was playing with this mod last night...I haven't had a chance to download it yet. It was pretty cool.
I am sure the real life version will be better though!

AI doesn't, but it also shouldn't be allowed to heal...

What? I thought trade wasn't released yet! I saw about one tribe (in Phoenician territory) and I'm at 1060 AD.
Also, CP is... Unplayable. The AI won't trade for reasonable price, and barbarians are acting strange.:p

The main intent behind Tribes won't come until Trade, but they're still there for something interesting to discover.

Don't complain at me about the CP; go there and tell Lord Gazebo if you've problems with his AI changes. But personally, the only thing I've noticed about the barbarians is that they're more aggressive and willing to attack your capital, which I've no problem with... unless I'm Novgorod and run out of money :p

Too bad, this means, that to have earliest Great Scout we need build Barrack first, then explore half of map and beat few barbarians (I'm still not shure if that woud be enough)
So that means if we explore map early we won't have great scouts from scouting, because to have 5 leveled scout we need more XP giving buildings, that comes too late, so upgrading scouts to great scouts is does'nt make sence.

So half of tribes tribes spawn when we enter classical era or they may spawn later? Right now I'm started in Classical era, opened whole map and no tribes at all.
Playing test game from ancent era, I found only 1-2 on map, maybe you should raise a chanse just a little bit.
BTW sarting in classical era I had great scout is it okay?

Great Scouts are more a matter of consistency. I wouldn't have them otherwise.

The Classical-era Tribes (the religious ones, and the Tartars and Cossacks) probably won't spawn if you start in the classical era. I haven't really accounted for starts later than ancient, but I'll think about it.

Lord Gazebo won't answer me... :p

Could you please explain to me(even though i won't understand it probably) what does the community patch contain that you need?

The Natan-related banter is one of the funniest thing we get by following these threads :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom