Civilization VI announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cetshwayo?

Wasn't he only referring to America, Egypt and China rather than a blanket statement concerning all civs?

I knew I could count on the C&C community to educate me further! It's possible he just meant some civs rather than all civs. My viewing of the videos last night was being distracted by my 4 year old getting out of bed to tell me mundane stuff, so I could have misunderstood Quill.

I doubt the Zulu will be in Civ 6 since, in Quill18's video, he mentions that all the civs will have new leaders. Unless somebody knows of another viable Zulu leader than Shaka (please no Shakala! :cringe: ).

I doubt ALL of the civs have new leaders, just many of them. For example we saw Gandhi in the trailer, which is pretty much a dead giveaway considering Teddy was in it too.

I doubt Genghis Khan would be replaced, same goes for Alex, despite Macedon and Greece being two different things.

He only meant the ones he saw (Egypt, Japan, China, America), he doesn't know about other civs because he couldn't see them.
As for the comment about TSL, it probably means that in the end the game with all DLCs will feature Argentina or the Mapuche, possibly Gran Colombia and Australia or an Aboriginal civilization.

Oh well, here's hoping that I can make fun futuristic government types. Who needs monarchy when you're cybernetic? :p

Cyberbolivarianism is where the money is at my boy!

Yes, it was a thing, it was a thing in the 70s out of all things.

Also, wasn't democracy that funky government type that didn't let you go to war?

Also, wasn't democracy that funky government type that didn't let you go to war?

You had to have approval from a popular vote to go to war.

Which strikes me as a bit odd, and just goes to show how little Civ 4 I played -- I always remember playing Civ 3 with my brother, and I'd never bother changing my government from Monarchy once I got it. (He always went for Democracy, though...) So I'm a bit surprised that they went ahead and forced you to "upgrade" your government in the later game.

Oh well, here's hoping that I can make fun futuristic government types. Who needs monarchy when you're cybernetic? :p

From what i can tell, the governments have different era versions of practically the same idea.

quill18 explains Oligarchy and Classical Republic.
This will probably lead to more modern ideas of a republic with increased amount of card slots. and Oligarchy might lead to something fascist with an increased amount of card slots.

For those unaware, your type of government changes the Policy cards you can have in play. Ogliarchies have no diplomacy cards, but they have increased military and economic. While Classical Republic has no military cards, but has increased diplomacy and other stuff. He didn't go too deeply into it, but he explained the basic system.

Basically, policies are no longer seperate trees you work down, but more flexible. You have the Civics tree, which is like a culture tech tree, where you unlock new governments and policy cards (and wonders and buildings).
You have a limited amount of card slots based on your government. You start the game as a Chiefdom, which is one military and one economic card slot.
It costs to switch out cards, except for the turn you unlock new Civics. (i assume so you can put newly discovered cards into play)

Can I just give Firaxis my money now?

pre-ordering does that.

This might be, in general lines, what civ icons look like in the game. Maybe the ones for actual civs will be a bit more detailed, but still. Doesn't look too hard to make.

No evidence of that yet.

I sort of like that those CS icons don't have any sort of shading on top of them - indeed makes them easier to make, and there's no loss of detail and legibility, which the lighting effects cause. The symbols themselves are just as simple as Civ 5's, so the transition between the titles should be smooth.

It'll be interesting to see how the new 'unique' bonus for trading with these City States will affect mods that add in CS replacements. Presumably you could just steal the effect from the CS that you are replacing - but I'm looking forward to see how varied these abilities really are in any case.

It'll be interesting to see how the new 'unique' bonus for trading with these City States will affect mods that add in CS replacements. Presumably you could just steal the effect from the CS that you are replacing - but I'm looking forward to see how varied these abilities really are in any case.

Yeah, that's a definite crimp in my plans to convert CCSMM.

I started thinking that modded CS replacements could be fitted with new mini-UAs, that are somewhat "pre-designs" for future civs, that would replace those CS replacements in the future and in turn introduce new CS replacements in their stead.

It's a charming endless cycle of design. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom