Firebug

Not-so Great Engineer

(The Modder formerly known as Firebug)
My Steam Workshop
Direct Downloads

Patreon

The Anglo-Saxons

Alfred and Offa
Lead the Anglo-Saxons under the rule of Alfred the Great, or Offa of Mercia.
Alfred focuses on faith and learning, while protecting himself with Burhs.
Offa fights to achieve supremacy, using warfare to garner city-state allies.
Aethelflaed
The daughter of Alfred the Great takes after he father as a defensive leader, quickly erecting defensive buildings and receiving Great Writers from doing so.

Austria
Maria Theresa

Adds Austria, a strong city building civilization with bonuses to great people, districts, expansion, and diplomacy. Maria Theresa receives bonuses for building her capital up, and repeating the process in her cities.

Finland
Mannerheim

Adds Finland as a Civilization led by Mannerheim. Maintaining loyalty is important for staying strong as Finland, and maintaining features and high appeal can provide further bonuses. Keep your people happy, and they'll stand with you.

Hungary

Matthias Corvinus

Adds Hungary as a civilization led by Matthias Corvinus. Hungary aims to gain Relics through construction of a city's first wonder, or the capture of cities with wonders. Relics are a powerful tool for religious or cultural victories, but Matthias Corvinus gives Hungary the option for conquest with plenty of taxes to fund his mercenary armies.

Kievan Rus'

Yaroslav

Adds Kievan Rus' led by Yaroslav the Wise. Grand Prince of Kiev and Novgorod, he ruled during a golden age. He spent decades forging alliances, constructing great buildings, and expanding the borders of the principalities. Kievan Rus' can spread out and expand fast along the world's rivers.

Malta

Jean de La Valette

Adds Malta as a civilization led by Jean de La Valette. A strong defensive civ, they have a strong focus on Faith and Culture and can turtle their way to victory.

Palmyra

Odaenathus

Adds Palmyra as a Civilization led by Odaenathus. Palmyra is a strong all-round civilisation, allowing for practically any victory type by thriving within deserts and through trade.

Sicily

Roger II

Adds Sicily led by Roger II. Strength from diversity, Sicily should welcome other religions so they can receive Great General and Admiral points to aid in their war efforts.

Sweden
Karl XII
Adds Sweden as a civilization led by Karl XII. Sweden focuses on great person generation and science, with a reliance on Golden Ages and Governors.

Karl XII brings military science to Sweden with an army of experienced troops.
Christina
Adds Christina as an alternate leader for the Sweden civilization. The daughter of Gustavus Adolphus, he ensured she was tutored to the same standards as any male heir. She makes use of projects to acquire culture from her vast collection of Great Works.

Venice
Enrico Dandolo

Adds Venice led by Enrico Dandolo. Venice has a strong naval and trade focus. By expanding out, they can make their capital much larger and more powerful.
Enrico leads the crusade, capturing Great Works for big gains and increase naval siege ability.

Alternate Leaders

Epaminondas

Adds Epaminondas as an alternate leader for Greece. His focus on alliance and diplomacy can aid in any victory type and the stubbornly devoted Sacred Band can play a role in offense or defense.

Olaf II and Sigurd I

Adds Olaf II and Sigurd I as alternate leaders for Norway.
Olaf II aims for religious victory with strong faith yields from large populations on the home continent, and cheaper missionaries on foreign ones.
Sigurd I takes the crusade to foreign lands, receiving Gold from capturing cities on foreign continents with the bonus increasing based on religious art and relics houses within the city.
Both leaders receive the Longship unique unit.

Coming Soon

Last edited:
The artwork and civs look great, but I would be extremely greatfull if you would also insert (at least on civfanatics) a direct download link ! Would really like to try Hungary, Finland and the Kievan Rus ! All the best !

Awesome! Art looks great, civs look great, they're all unique and fun and probably balanced... I really need to get Rise and Fall so that I can try out all these mods, haha.

The artwork and civs look great, but I would be extremely greatfull if you would also insert (at least on civfanatics) a direct download link ! Would really like to try Hungary, Finland and the Kievan Rus ! All the best !

Just finished uploading all the direct downloads. Find them here.

Million thanks for the link ! Looking forward to try them ! Keep up the good work ! (PS: loved your Bulgaria mod in civ 5, maybe you will find the time to do a south eastern civ for civ 6 , Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia, etc. :) ) Again, thanks for the link ! All the best !

Unfortunetely i seem to have a problem . Although i have all other mods downloaded Disabled, i seem to have the following issues :
1. Only Kievan Rus mod active - if i start a new game, it doesn't load and brings me to the start screen ;
2. Only Finland OR Hungary mod active, Kievan disabled : leaders do not appear, but although Kievan Rus is disabled, another aztec logo & monty appears with something like " Name_OC_Yaroslav" appears like a double Monty name. Game does not start .

No other loads except Civ 6 & RaF extensions are active.

Any ideas on what could be the problem? All the best .

Update: got the Hungary/Sweden/Finland mods to work. All great. Only the Kievan' Rus does not, leader appears in loading screen selection, but after i hit start game (with all mods disabled), it brings me back to the loading screen. PS: although you've posted on Steam a link for the Venetian civ on civfanatics, i couldn't find the civ on your direct download link posted, could you please upload it? (i'm also waiting for the Byzantine mod that you're working on ! ;) ) Thank you in advance!

@Firebug I love what you did with Venice. Very nice UI and UU! :goodjob:

But it does seem a little OP to me. Were you thinking of some sort of settler nerf like for the Civ V version? I think it'll be cool to have some sort of (peaceful) city state acquisition for Venice.

Upload your Venice mod on Google Drive, please. I would love to try that mod, but I can`t download it from Steam

Thanks for making these mods. I particularly enjoyed Venice, which feels nebulously over-powered. The aquaduct replacement gives some nice flexibility for placing the Angkor Wat, too.

Could you please update the direct download links for the Malta and Sicily civs too? :) Can't wait to try them out. All the best !

I'll start uploading them to my google drive now. Venice, Malta, and Sicily. Keep an eye on it.

Also if the leaks are to be believed, RIP Christina and Hungary. But atleast i can make Karl an alt leader for Sweden.

I'll start uploading them to my google drive now. Venice, Malta, and Sicily. Keep an eye on it.

Also if the leaks are to be believed, RIP Christina and Hungary. But atleast i can make Karl an alt leader for Sweden.

Hey there ! Thanks for the great news, i look forward to the link ! I saw some leaks, wich had only a leader for a Polynesian/Maori looking civ, didn't really knoq about Sweden and Hungary . I really enjoy your Matthias/Hungary mod, especially due to the fact that the castle you chose as leader backroung is in my home city (wich is in Romania, but had a dual history). Anyway, thank you again in advance for the future link, and i really really hope you didn't gave up on the Serbia mod work :/ All the best !

i really really hope you didn't gave up on the Serbia mod work :/ All the best !

All the artwork was gifted to another modder who had been planning Serbia before me. He should hopefully do it justice, but he's less active. If after an extended period of time he has made no progress, i'll consider asking him to let me return to making it. But i want to respect that he likely has less time free then i do.

Austria
Maria Theresa

Adds Austria, a strong city building civilization with bonuses to great people, districts, expansion, and diplomacy. Maria Theresa receives bonuses for building her capital up, and repeating the process in her cities.

Coming Soon

Austria Release and Coming Soon updated.

All the artwork was gifted to another modder who had been planning Serbia before me. He should hopefully do it justice, but he's less active. If after an extended period of time he has made no progress, i'll consider asking him to let me return to making it. But i want to respect that he likely has less time free then i do.
Ah, i've seen your Karadjordje artwork on reddit (loved it ! also the serbian logo/colour scheme you've chosen!), and considering your latest releases (please do upload them through a direct download link as you've said on civfanatics :D) - i do hope that you'll take into consideration of working/finishing the mod . I really appreciate all the eastern european mods you've released so far, but Serbia would be one of the most expected south european mods for most of us (Bulgaria next, maybe? :p). Anyway, all the best, thank you for all your work!

After much thought, i've created a Patreon for those who wish to support my mods. It's always been a hobby but it's one that drains a lot of free time, as i'm sure many here know.

I'll be practicing more with 3D modelling and texturing in the near future, perhaps in the new year or sooner. With my full time job, i find it tricky to find the time for it. It's something i've always known how to do for years, just never got good at, and never really architecture. Stay tuned.

Top Bottom