Civilization VI announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
inb4 Sean Bean dies at Agriculture tech quote.

In regards to civs - hope the whole Civ 5+expansions gang is there on launch. If not, there will be a massive winged hussar charge across the internet once again. :p (or we'll just mod Poland back in, lol).

Having all Civ 5 civs in there would also mean that the DLCs would offer many more obscure, intriguing, surprising civs. I'd even be happy if they reused Civ 5's voices of the leaders - saves massive amounts of time and money, and those voices have become iconic in their own way.

Can't wait to see the UI elements. I'm itching to have a go at Civ6's icon art style. See if our mod artwork is of any use in the new title.

A Finnish game magazine:

http://www.pelaajalehti.com/uutiset/civilization-vi-paljastettu-tassa-ensitiedot
Jututimme lyhyesti pelin pääsuunnittelija Ed Beachia, joka kertoi meille muun muassa sen, että peliä on työstetty Firaxis-studioilla rinnakkain Civilization: Beyond Earthin kanssa. Beachin mukaan pelimoottori ei kuitenkaan ole täysin sama, sillä osia siitä on tehty uudelleen ja esimerkiksi Civilization VI:ssä on siksi parempi modituki.
We shortly chatted with the game's lead designer Ed Beach, who told us the game has been worked side by side with Beyond Earth on the studios. Beach says the game engine isn't exactly the same as before, as parts of it have been redone and, for example, that's why Civilization VI supports modding better (than its predecessor).

:beer:

Woo!

Also why do I feel like the only guy that likes the artstyle?

Sean Bean would die before he could narrate Renaissance Techs.

Woo!

I like it because i don't feel like causing mass genocide of a realistic civilization. You need to consider that if they made the graphics look even better then the age rating would likely rise too. (not that it would effect most of us, but it would effect sales)

It makes the whole game appear more family friendly and fun, making marketing it to filthy casuals a lot easier.

Edit: oops sorry, i was going to copy and paste this and edit my last post, but forgot.
Double post! :(

We're going to need a new Imperial Speech for this :lol:

Ideally we'll see the civ roster expanded upon from it's current vanilla state, but I feel that this is pretty much a pipe dream - just so long as they don't abandon expansions to go whole hog on DLC.

I thought I read somewhere that it's being developed in the Unity Engine - any idea how that will affect modding?

I don't know what you guys are talking about in regards to Sean Bean - he's clearly unkillable in the Napoleonic era :p

It's not in unity, don't worry. That was a redditor. It's in a whole new engine, likely worked off of Civ V's, and will apparently be easier to mod.

Do remember that Firaxis has acknowledged things such as Battle Royale, which is free publicity for the game, and will likely continue to support our endeavors. (we can only hope)

I don't know what you guys are talking about in regards to Sean Bean - he's clearly unkillable in the Napoleonic era :p
But he'll die before the Napoleonic though. :)

I imagine the game will come with mostly the same civs as V (some different leader choices though), but with the Iroquois being replaced with another native civ, Siam with Khmer, Burma or Vietnam and Songhai with Mali, Ghana or Kanem-Bornu. Maybe a couple more as well, like Sumer.

Woo!

I don't hate it, but I'd prefer if it had improved upon civ5's realistic graphics even further.

It reminds me of Age of Empires Online, and I was one of the few people who liked that game. :p

I wonder if leader traits will make a return, or they'll stick with the much more unique UA, UB, UU (and probably no UIs anymore) system.

I really hope that they keep the current unique system (or develop upon it) - it really helps the civs to feel unique to me. It'd be interesting if DLC civs were released in themed packs as was the case with Spain/Inca - I kinda liked that.

Sean Bean must clearly be immortalised as leader of a Sheffield civ - it's the only solution :p

I wonder if leader traits will make a return, or they'll stick with the much more unique UA, UB, UU (and probably no UIs anymore) system.

It would be nice to have the Civilization have a Unique Ability, and each leader for it would come with a Trait or two. This would be a great basis to create or port alternative leaders in new mods. Although the Unique Abilities for each leader ruling a separate civilization allowed for a very high degree of creativity in designing civs and their playstyles, so I'd probably prefer it stayed that way in Civ 6.

Still, extra leader traits on top of civ traits wouldn't hurt, especially if leader traits were drawn from a separate pool (or even are randomised at the start of the game - but that seems unlikely).

Well, to be fair, Japan's colors do fit England as well.
The real question, however, is: will there be multiple leaders? It would be pretty interesting if each civ had multiple leader choices, each one coming with their own UA, and possibly a UU/B/I as well.

Edit: I wonder if Teddy Roosevelt being in the trailer indicates he could be leading America this time - it'd certainly be interesting. I hope they swap around some leaders this time to feel less like the same game. I'd like to see this time Ahuitzotl, Saladin, Hannibal, Vercingetorix, Hatshepsut, Henry VIII, Meiji, Vargas, Mehmed II, Hammurabi, João II and quite a few others;

Well, to be fair, Japan's colors do fit England as well.
The real question, however, is: will there be multiple leaders? It would be pretty interesting if each civ had multiple leader choices, each one coming with their own UA, and possibly a UU/B/I as well.

Except we clearly see Samurai in the image, as well as an asian city. So it's Japan.

I'd imagine we'll only get one leader, and if there are alternatives they'll appear in DLCs and expansions. Similiar to Pericles in Civ4.

One thing to point out about the mystery blue/white civ is the architecture of its city. The buildings look like some sort of thatched-roof structures. Unless America has some sort of Native American artstyle in early eras, it could well be an African civ of some kind, assuming that they get their own citystyle instead of being lumped in with the Middle East. Or, it could be something Polynesian.

Or -- get this, it could be some sort of city-state. If Japan has a red background instead of white, it could be because CSes/minor civilizations now use white instead of black backgrounds. The city has some sort of enormous central structure in it that would be reminiscent of a capital city's palace, so unless they just rapidly set up a screenshot at the beginning of the game or are playing on such a low difficulty that their neighbors' capital wouldn't expand at all or have any units defending it, that's a possibility imo. Although, that city without borders on the right side of the same image could be a village of Civ IV's system. Or barbarian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom