choose not to conquer?

ackoman

Chieftain
Hello

When you attack a city and move one of your units into it, you get the "raze, puppet or annex" question and a warning that you will get a warmongering penalty. But, once you've got to that point, is there any going back? Can you decide to leave the city alone and not get any penalty?

Thanks,
Ackoman

No. Once you capture a city by attacking it with a melee when it has very low hp, there is no going back, you must choose. I think all three options carry an equal warmonger penalty.

No. Once you capture a city by attacking it with a melee when it has very low hp, there is no going back, you must choose. I think all three options carry an equal warmonger penalty.

OK thanks - seems to me that it would therefore make sense for the warning about warmonger penalties to be given just before you capture the city, not after its too late to do anything about it.

Isn't the warmonger penalty warning displayed only before you conquer? There is a mouse-over message when you hover your cursor on the city.

If you want to avoid it, only conquer cities that used to belong to someone else -- so you get “liberate” as one of the options.

Isn't the warmonger penalty warning displayed only before you conquer? There is a mouse-over message when you hover your cursor on the city.

If you want to avoid it, only conquer cities that used to belong to someone else -- so you get “liberate” as one of the options.

I've only seen the warmonger message once the conquering has been completed and your asked to choose what you want to do with the city.

That warning is present before you attack. It is, of course, easy to ignore/overlook, but it's there.

Top Bottom