mp and and2

hi there people of and2 and the mighty afforess :)

i have a quastion,

do any of you guys have tried the current build in multiplayer game?

:)

I haven't tried the current build, but until 3-4 months ago MP was very stable, provided you followed some precautions

I have reported crash on MP hotseat rev 792..
Game crash while launching evertime I try. I send logs to bug thread and Affores said he look them..

Can someone try the same? Clean instal 792 and hotseat MP ---> crash to desktop

I have reported crash on MP hotseat rev 792..
Game crash while launching evertime I try. I send logs to bug thread and Affores said he look them..

Can someone try the same? Clean instal 792 and hotseat MP ---> crash to desktop

Your crash has to do with custom leaderheads, which are not officially supported right now. We plan on supporting those...eventually.

Not officially supported..?:confused:

I have not installed any modules of my own. That custom leaderheads module comes with nightly build installer and makes hot seat unplayable. I tried to disable it but even that wont help:(

I hope you fix it some point, me and my friends have been playing years hot seat games with RAND.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13417778 said:
I haven't tried the current build, but until 3-4 months ago MP was very stable, provided you followed some precautions

Isn't Blitz a bit too much to be called a precaution? Aside from that I followed all the other precautions and MP in Gigantic Epic is unbearable from the beginning. Unless you like to reload every single OOSs issue.

And this was back in the days of revision 739. I have no idea how it may be now.

Isn't Blitz a bit too much to be called a precaution?

Just to make testing quicker, please only use Blitz gamespeed for testing purposes.

Aside from that I followed all the other precautions and MP in Gigantic Epic is unbearable from the beginning. Unless you like to reload every single OOSs issue.

And this was back in the days of revision 739. I have no idea how it may be now.

That was way after I started that thread; I haven't tried any MP game after revision 700 or so, I think. But way back then, I had 5 OOS when halfway through the game, Large/Blitz. So it was pretty stable to me. And as things are now you will need to reload every time your game goes OOS, there's no other way for the moment.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13419098 said:
That was way after I started that thread; I haven't tried any MP game after revision 700 or so, I think. But way back then, I had 5 OOS when halfway through the game, Large/Blitz. So it was pretty stable to me. And as things are now you will need to reload every time your game goes OOS, there's no other way for the moment.

5 OOSs in a Blitz game anyway. Halfway of it. A Blitz game has 600 turns. 5 OOSs in ~300 turns?

It seems obvious you didn't experience half the OOSs that game would have done to you, because the later the game the more things to cause OOSs.

5 OOSs is what I experienced until 3000BC in Gigantic Marathon. 5 more before 1500 BC. Then it gets unbearable because this was all in one night of civplay in the ancient and classical eras.

And this happened some 4 times, since the revision of the main thread link (AND 2.0) and some revs until 739. We tried Epic too because Marathon was too much, but it didn't help.

So if something is right here is that MP was stable under the precautions and Blitz. That's better. If I didn't know about it and saw this, I would know MP isn't stable for my gameplay.

5 OOSs in a Blitz game anyway. Halfway of it. A Blitz game has 600 turns. 5 OOSs in ~300 turns?

It seems obvious you didn't experience half the OOSs that game would have done to you, because the later the game the more things to cause OOSs.

5 OOSs is what I experienced until 3000BC in Gigantic Marathon. 5 more before 1500 BC. Then it gets unbearable because this was all in one night of civplay in the ancient and classical eras.

And this happened some 4 times, since the revision of the main thread link (AND 2.0) and some revs until 739. We tried Epic too because Marathon was too much, but it didn't help.

So if something is right here is that MP was stable under the precautions and Blitz. That's better. If I didn't know about it and saw this, I would know MP isn't stable for my gameplay.

Obvious as you think it is, I've played up to modern era with no more than 10-15 OOS. But Afforess has more recent news on it, so just listen to what he says.

Top Bottom