I want to help this mod

strategyonly

C2C Supreme Commander
Want to help see spoiler below for more info, thx . . .SO ;)

Spoiler :
Do you know how to code C++ or python?

Do you know how to code xml?

Or how to draw dds images?

Or how to create or modify 3D models?

Are you fluent in german, italian, french or spanish? Come join us!

Write new texts for the Pedia (lore, strategy, help)

Report bugs (see specific thread for errors/bugs) http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=460

Play the mod with your friends, have fun together (despite the bugs ) and tell us about your experience in a new thread.

Happy to help write new Pedia (studied history) , speak French but not native speaker

Happy to help write new Pedia (studied history) , speak French but not native speaker

All information on the objects, units, buildings, promotions and the like come from the _PEDIA and _STRATEGY text defined on the object. Building X would have a pedia entry KEY_TXT_BUILDING_X_PEDIA defined in the XML and then text for that key would be defined in one of the text files in the XML\TEXT folder.

Concept text is done slightly differently. It is defined in the CIV4NewConceptInfos.XML file in the XML\BasicInfos folder with the actual text in the XML\TEXT folder.

@ MacCoise,

Animal Riding for the Tech tree is all TEXT_KEY_TECH_ANIMAL_RIDING_QUOTE.

Many Leaders also have No initial greeting like Salamasina of the Polyenesian Civ.

@ MacCoise,

Animal Riding for the Tech tree is all TEXT_KEY_TECH_ANIMAL_RIDING_QUOTE.

Many Leaders also have No initial greeting like Salamasina of the Polyenesian Civ.

Just something like this?

<Tag>TXT_KEY_TECH_ANIMAL_RIDING</Tag>
<English>
<Text>The following morning, Bellerophontes hid in the bushes waiting for Pegasus to come. Wise enough, he waited longer for Pegasus to kneel so he can sit on his back. When that finally happened, Bellerophontes slipped the bridle given by Athena, onto Pegasus&#8217;s head. The flying horse flew into the air trying to shake the intruder off from his back. When he realized that he had an experienced and skillful man on his back, Pegasus gave up and surrendered.</Text>
</English>

Source:

http://www.greekmyths-greekmythology.com/myth-pegasus-bellerophontes/

Isnt that more "fantasy" quote, rather than something originating with their founder of "North America"? What do u'll say, or is this ok?? because it does work with the "Greeks". . .

also dont WE have a quotes thread, if so i think that is where this belongs, no offense . .

Isnt that more "fantasy" quote, rather than something originating with their founder of "North America"? What do u'll say, or is this ok?? because it does work with the "Greeks". . .

also dont WE have a quotes thread, if so i think that is where this belongs, no offense . .

I dont understand your first sentenece

If it's in the wrong thread -sorry. I thought from Joseph's comments that that was what this thread was requesting

would be happy to help with german translations (nativ speaker).. because some translations sound like "google-translate gone wild"

would be happy to help with german translations (nativ speaker).. because some translations sound like "google-translate gone wild"

Slightly off-topic but yes google translate is extremely unreliable. It is even bad with word-for-word translation which would be the easiest thing to program. Take for example the German sentence "Wir hassen niemanden". Which literally translates to "we hate nobody". I plugged that into google translate and it translated that to "we hate everybody" (which is the exact opposite). So I dutyfully sent in a bug report. And tried again a few months later. Now the translation is "we hate anyone". *sigh* How hard is it to program "niemanden = nobody" ? It says so right in the dictionary?

Another example, Dutch to English and the other way around

correct translations of large numbers are:
Dutch - English
miljoen - million
miljard - billion
biljoen - trillion
biljard - quadrillion
triljoen - quintillion

Notice that billion and biljoen are quite similar - they are pronounced roughly the same. But there is a difference of a factor 1000. So a complete beginners error would be to translate billion with biljoen. So a few months ago, just for testing I typed "biljoen" into google translate and lo and behold it was translated to "billion" - the difference is only a factor thousand. Since then I've lost all respect for google translate.

NB. Meanwhile google finally translates the Dutch "biljoen" correctly to trillion instead of billion. But Dutch "triljoen" is also (and incorrectly) translated to "trillion". Its only a factor 1.000.000 so who cares right?

There is a problem between an English billion and an American million. An English billion = a million million whereas an American billion = thousand million. Which means that an English billion is the same as a Dutch billion.

is this instruction still correct?

Probably not, but when it comes to translations we like to have someone double check what is being done especially when we have two or three translators at work at the same time just so we don't go forward with one translation and backward with another.

okay... so i have to wait until a second one will support you with german translations?

2) Tell Koshling what your SourceForge userid is, so he can add you as project contributors

WHOA, who said that?? A tester needs to be approved by a senior modder before and testing usually takes awhile, before added to the sourgeforge, because 1 wrong thing can mess things up, ok, again no offense to anyone, but pls anyone that wants to help, pls pick a "Senior" modder of C2C to have his/her information checked before this happens, and to those that want to help, again THX . . .SO

okay... so i have to wait until a second one will support you with german translations?

No.

The issue is not with the translation it is because if two or more people are doing translations at the same time in different languages it is very easy to accidentally undo each others work without a coordinator.

The coordinator's job is to make sure that does not happen.

I think we have threads for each language for translation work.

was no complain :) and i understand that a corrupted XML-file can cause real trouble

okay.. but then pls tell me how to "pick" a senior modder :)

I think we have threads for each language for translation work.
looks like i've missed them... <searching in progress>

Turns out we have one for French, Italian and Polish but not German.

i think "maybe" again maybe, if German, write Alberts2 he is from there, he could help, he is around at least twice a week or so . . .

Top Bottom