UA bonus during Golden Ages

Title says it really. Do you think it would be a good idea to have UAs get a bonus during Golden Ages. Obviously some would need changing (Persia, Brazil) but it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing?

It would be easier to give some civs a small bonus rather than adding to existing ones but it would be workable.

Examples
Rome - +25% on all buildings
India - +10% growth
America - 75% discount on tile purchasing
Netherlands - Retain all happiness from traded luxuries
France - All theming bonuses doubled

Would this be too powerful? Would this be better replacing the current bonus than joining?

I think it's fine the way it is now. I can kind of see your argument for it (the UAs are sort of based on the ideals and power of a civilization during their real life golden ages), but it would require some major rebalancing, and golden ages are currently supposed to be stronger for some civs than for others.

It would require major rebalancing, and I agree with redwings that some civs would need to still have stronger Golden Ages, but I think it is a neat idea.

Spain- +10% :c5culture: for each Natural Wonder in your territory.

Egypt- +25% additional :c5production: on World Wonders.

I've wondered how the game would change (better or worse), if the UA for each civ was made stronger, but was only in effect during a golden age. I like the idea of a golden age giving you a big, short-term boost. It would be interesting to mod this and find out.

I was thinking Persia keep their 150% length GA and +1 movement but without they either ignore terrain cost on hills/rivers or something to do with gold but they aren't really gold-orientated in-game.

I was thinking Brazil should have double local happiness in all cities. because there are too many culture-based civs and too many tourism bonuses are OP.

I've wondered how the game would change (better or worse), if the UA for each civ was made stronger, but was only in effect during a golden age. I like the idea of a golden age giving you a big, short-term boost. It would be interesting to mod this and find out.

i think its a really good idea
GAs feels quite a redundant mechanic (like WLTKD) right now
that would givem some zest and make higher positive happiness more valuable

Personally, I'd rather see everything labelled "unique" stripped from Civ6 and have civilizations simply develop abilities from the things they do in game.

i think its a really good idea
GAs feels quite a redundant mechanic (like WLTKD) right now
that would givem some zest and make higher positive happiness more valuable

WLTKD would be better if it gave some flat :c5food: bonus on top of the percent, so smaller cities could spring up quickly.

It would also help if the resources were more possible to obtain consistently short of the late game: so often the AI only has one copy of a resource somehow.

I was thinking Persia keep their 150% length GA and +1 movement but without they either ignore terrain cost on hills/rivers or something to do with gold but they aren't really gold-orientated in-game.

I was thinking Brazil should have double local happiness in all cities. because there are too many culture-based civs and too many tourism bonuses are OP.

Longer Golden Ages are great for Trading Post tiles and their UB is a Bank upgrade: how are they not :c5gold: oriented?

I don't agree that there are too many :c5culture: based civs, but that is mostly preference.

IMO there are more warmonger civs than I would prefer, if it meant we could trade them for others.

I forgot about Satrap's Court replacing banks. I thought it was for something else. I was trying to think if there was something that Brazil could have related to the coast/Amazon river/rainforest.

Top Bottom