The Tribal Elders of Delphi

I am sorry to say I will have to stop this before I start. Schoolwork piled up and I probably won't be much help until mid may

After due consideration, I would like to propose that we construct either a Shrine to increase the Faith of our people or another band of Warriors to help defend ourselves from Barbarian attack.

Okay guys. Welcome back, and a pleasure to have you on the council, dostayer. Do feel free to stay for the full game ;) (sorry)

The plan for this evening's play:

Start construction of a warrior to help explore, and defend city from barbarian invasion.

Continued exploration with scout. Spearman will fight off barbs.

Worker will produce a plantation to work this 'ere cotton.

Settler will head towards mt. kailash and set up a second city. I would like to open up discussion on the name of our next great expansion. :)

Welcome, advisors and citizens of Delphi Nova, to this next update...

Sad news- 'tis to be my last update while ruling the noble people of Delphi. I will follow my father's own law, and step down from my role as Chief after this update, allowing another one of you to take my place for at least the next ten turns, and at most the next twenty. But first, before the glory of election, we have duty to attend to.

Turn 25 - little of excitement here. Our great city fired at the barbarian invaders, who fled from Delphian lands with their tails between their legs. Our scout continued his exploration of the far north, finding the lands of the Chinese.

Our spearman, midly injured, fights the barbarians in between him and the capital.

Spoiler :

Work began on a warrior to prevent the barbarian threat from repeating- this would be ready in 7 turns.
Spoiler :

For now, the settler waits orders.

Turn 26 - our scout finds another camp of barbs near the Chinese lands to the north.

Spoiler :

Turn 27 - our spearman moves towards the capital. The barbs flee to the hills.

Spoiler :

Turn 28 - our scout continues to map the shape of the land.

Spoiler :

Our settlers, impatient to be off, move to the West towards Kailash. They are brave or stupid, forging out alone.
Spoiler :

Turn 29 - shock and horror. The barbarian retreat was a sham. More appear OUT OF THE FOG BETWEEN THE SPEARMAN AND SETTLER- oh dear. Most likely a camp here. Settler rightly pauses and does not risk going any further. Spearman is attacked by barbarian warrior.

Turn 30 - the current state of affairs.

One turn until production of warrior in Delphi Nova. Two turns until border growth. 5 turns until quarry improved.
Spoiler :

Spearman retreats to forest but will most likely lose him if both barbs attack
Spoiler :

Settler waits here- dare not go any further, as the majority of tiles to the West could attack him if they have the barb camp on them. To the next leader- consider waiting here/retreat, as warrior will be out in 1 turn and not worth losing the settler.
Spoiler :

Scout location to the north.
Spoiler :

Other:
2 turns until Writing
7 turns until Cultural advance

At this critical juncture, mrkingkong the younger decides it has all got a bit too much for him, and steps down from his role as chief.

That means only one thing- ELECTION TIME!!!

The candidates:

CaesarKyros ('the wise') - known to many as 'The Wise and Mysterious'. Previously held the role of Sage and Wiseman. Now, perhaps, to greater things?

Mr. Grieves ('the pious') - former spiritual and cultural advisor to the Chief. Some say he will lead this nation into a new era of prosperity, piety and glory for the almighty.

cpm4001('the builder') - formerly held the role of Chief Engineer. Can he engineer a new rule for himself, and build the great nation of Delphi?

---------
Withdrawn - dostayer('the trader') - newly appointed advisor on all matters of growth, development and trade. Came into his role later and perhaps as a result is not as well known by the Elders, but could he grow into something more for Delphi?
---------
Please feel free to begin your campaigns immediately (or rule yourselves out of if you prefer). Votes will be as before- please post your vote below.

I for one, am ready to be swayed by cunning politics and lots of free lollipops (student elections have taught me that this is the one key element to a successful election campaign).

Once a majority becomes clear, election will be over. mrkingkong, as outgoing chief, has the ruling vote in a tie. :)

*I prefer to be referred as "The Trader".
Due to technical difficulties, I won't run for chiefdom.
CeasarKyros will be my choice

iPhone " Tapatalk

A new Citizen have settled in your empire. Rumor says he has come from the frigid north called land of the Rus!

-Hi Comrades, call me Rasputin, I'm here to serve your King and work hard.
I have seen lots of land and would like to be appointed as the King's Cartographer!

So, we have a new empror?
May the sun shine upon you my liege!
Dostayer, a minister of growth, trade, production, and other means of economy is here to serve you.
May your regency will be remembered for thousands of years!

Welcome, high chief CaesarKyros of the Delphian people. :king::goodjob:

We, your humble citizens, welcome you. I am looking forward to many years of peace, prosperity and glory under your leadership.

For posterity, the votes are tallied below:
Spoiler :
Candidates
CaesarKyros - 3 (and a bit :p)
Other candidates - 0

(Non-voters - 2)

I look forward to the next update. Caesar - please feel free to advertise for any new advisor positions you require, and hopefully you will find the savegame in your inbox by the time you read this :)

Godspeed.

Sorry, something just came up. I'm doing it right now.

EDIT: Okay, so I have this:

Rasputin- Expansion and growth
cpm- Engineer and military
Dostayer- economics and trade
mrkingkong- Science
Religion and culture- everyone until someone wants the job

If no one critiques within an hour or two, I will proceed with this.

Top Bottom