Happiness Question

Wee

Chieftain
Why do all of my cities have no growth with a message say -100% food loss due to unhappiness when I have 18 happiness on the main screen?

Sorry, I can't seem to get the screenshots working. I read the tutorial here for taking screenshots on Steam and the files are nowhere to be found. See if I can describe it better.

When I am in the city screen, top left corner has a box that has the green citizen symbol, then lists:
food
city happiness
national happiness
gold
production
science
faith
culture

When I hover the mouse over food, a window opens and it shows where my food is coming and going.

One city has 16.8 surplus, but right below that in red it says -100% from unhappiness.

The main screen shows I have 16 happiness, but none of my cities show any growth progress.

Also, when I hover the mouse over the gold, production etc., nothing happens. I would think a similar window would open like the food info.

Probably a Mod issue.

Ah, perhaps a mod conflict. What mods are you running?

On screenshots, I've found the simplest way (for me) is to hit Print Screen. That saves a .tga file to your C:\Users\Browd\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ScreenShots folder. Use your favorite image editor (I prefer a freeware program, IrfanView) to do any editing you want to do (crop image, circle things you want to emphasize, etc.) and then "Save As" a .jpg or .png file that you can upload as an attachment to your message (or post to a third-party site, like ImageShack, and link to your message).

Alternatively, you can upload a save file, but if you are running mods, not everyone will be able to open it.

Thanks Browd, I'll try that.

I think I may have figured it out and I'm an idiot. If I am at war with another nation, would that make all my cities unhappy?

I loaded some old saves from my current game and it appears this unhappy issue is not there when I am not at war.

War alone will not make your empire unhappy. Loss of luxuries that you were receiving in trade from your war opponent can do it, as will the loss of luxuries that are pillaged by your opponent, or loss of happiness from former mercantile CS friends that are allied with your war opponent.

Here are the screen shots (I hope). I'm up around turn 250. I'm tempted to go back a hundred turns or so and see if I can spot when this starts happening.

Attachments

• Civ 5 City.png
    Civ 5 City.png
    214.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Civ 5 Map.jpg
    Civ 5 Map.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 40
Can you post a screenshot of the happiness detail (mouse hover on the happiness icon at the top of the screen) and the Resources & Happiness tab of the Economic Overview (make sure you expand the City Breakdown item)? Also, what mods are you running?

Here you go. It must be a bug in one of the Mods. I'm not at war, so that theory is out.
I went back to turns 200 and 150 and problem was still there.

I'm keeping an eye on my happiness all the time, never noticing that my cities were not growing. (I do not have city growth turned off...before you ask) ;)

Attachments

• Happiness Details.jpg
    Happiness Details.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Resource Summary.jpg
    Resource Summary.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Mods.jpg
    Mods.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 36
Top Bottom