Losing the Tech ran late in game

LittlePick

Chieftain
Hello All

I am on noble as English on Large Map it's 1947... I am currently the score leader, but have lost the tech lead (last tech lead in last game, but pulled off victory with spy and space ship victory). In my current game, I was checking up with the tech but now I have been in a long war with the Atez's. Until the war, was 3rd in land mass, 3 in army (big enough to keep Mongolian & China off my back)... The Americans and Germans have large area by themselves and now have a large tech lead...

I am not sure what I can do get back into the game nor am I sure what I did to lose the tech lead... Even with the war I can still up my research to 80% but it taking me 8 - 10 turns per technology.

How I tell what the research rate for the Americans & Germans? And is there anyway I can do to pull this game out with a victory? I have attached my game for anyone's input.

Attachments

• Christopher AD-1947.zip
    472.9 KB · Views: 52
The GNP will give you a good idea of their research rate, and you're currently lying 4th behind Germany, America and presumably China.

I'm almost certain that what cost you the tech lead was attacking the Aztecs. You have major war weariness problems in several of your cities, in some cases costing you 5 tiles worth of production and commerce in a single city. You're running Vasslage and Theocracy, neither of which is conducive to research. Free Speech and Free religion would give you an extra 2 commerce from each town to put towards science and give a flat 10% boost to science as well. The captured Aztec cities look as if they're barely paying for themselves, and may actually also be costing you money. To repair your science rate I'd say to get out of the Aztec war immediately.

Unusual to see a game where Taoism is a major religion.

Thanks MrCynical, Taoism got so big because Germany and the Americans were unknown for a long time and neither will allow any spreading of non-state religions into their cities. Germany let me in for a little while but now I can not do anything with either one of them. It is strange that America has away been in Theocracy. I can not remember a game were the a civ stayed in Theocracy for so long.

Top Bottom