Best generic unit in the game

Horse units for me too. With +1 sight promotion.
Early they can take a city behind cross and x-bowmen. With artillery, move near city, show it for bombardment and after retreat. Even with bombers, more movement they have more there are precious for me.

Artillery. Its the first unit you can take a city without losing an unit because of it fabulous range

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Disagree with worker, because of how the question was phrased: which is the worst unit to AVOID BUILDING. I go entire games without building a single worker very regularly.

This last game I actually wanted to faith purchase a couple, but it wouldn't let me because he wasn't a warrior.

Worker is a civilian unit anyway, he wrote that only military units count.

Ooops... My bad. Didn't see that. :) Then arties get one more vote from me. Although it's still a tie between scout, CB and artillery. :p

I play marathon and Huge maps. I usually try to snowball my economy untill Artillery than go full war since you can do it fast enough with artillery. It's way to long to capture the world with trebuchet and cannons.

And let's ask ourself a question. Who go to war without bombardment units?

On marathon I'd be surprised if it was hard to conquer with CB/XB, maybe not even requiring XB. A unit is relevant for double the time frame and the AI theoretically takes twice as much time to pump out a unit during a siege.

When you lose a unit on marathon it takes 40 turns to replace it...you think twice when you attack a city

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

When you lose a unit on marathon it takes 40 turns to replace it...you think twice when you attack a city

When I play on marathon (and I only feel masochistic enough every once in a while mostly for HoF gauntlets), I don't even think about re-building the units and just rush buy them. Gold/hammer ratio is much lower.

P.S. I'll not live long enough to get arties on marathon, but to each his own. :)

artillery for its time period, until its' promoted cousin comes along. a few arty pieces and the AI is toast.

for the really early game, basic archers are so much better than warriors for barb killing and defense.

Top Bottom