Game crashes in 1 turn before world congress

Thunderbull

Chieftain
Hi all,

I've got following issue:
I'm playing civ5bnw steam version with all dlc patches.
During one of veeeeeery long games (huge/marathon) my saves started to crash during turn transition, when it was 1 turn left to world congress.

I tried both dirextX9 & directX11. Any chance to restore such an epic 1077 turns save?

You will have to verify the local cache in steam (probably multiple times) until the file causing the crash is resolved (if that is the problem). Then you may have to go back to the last couple of saves and replay a few turns. If it is a corrupted "save file" issue, you may be able to save some of the files, but you may have to move the saves you want to a different file separate from any steam or Civ5 directory. You may have to have a "clear" directory to trick the game into thinking there are no auto save files. Don't forget that there are files under the windows Game folder as well as in the steam folder itself. It is always wise to make saves yourself and not just rely on the auto saves.

I verified files, content, tried couple of times to play after different autosaves... Still the same.
Any professional help would be appreciated :)

Top Bottom