The Fall of Hats ?

PrivateThomas

Chieftain
My first post, my first story.
I'm playing CIV4 since a year and reached the Monarch Level. I already won some space races and timing victory, now I have disabled those conditions and tried to go for... euh... I don't know anymore. Anyway, here's my first story.

Hats IV, the fourth queen of the noble Egyptians, has a lot to think about. Her empire, built up by her mum and grand mums, is on the point of collapse. It started quite well around 4000 BC. Thebes, the first city of the Egyptians has become a wealthy capital of a large empire. Centuries ago, in the classical period of our timeline, the Egyptian empire was the largest in the known world with the golden cities of Heliopolis and Elephantine, with the Banana town of Hastings and the famous Alexandrian Hills. In that period Hats II, aka The Second and Hats' IV grand mum, laid out the plans to attack the English in their South. The Second built up a large army of axemen and archers. The English however discovered some turns before the attack the machinery technology and The Second decided to keep quiet.

Now, the army of those days is the only thing that remains of the glorious Egyptian Army. Under Hats III, the empire was too large to govern and there was no cash for building up or even maintaining the army. The reign of Hats III is characterized by corruption and slow scientific advancement. Neighbours who were far behind in tech during the II-reign were know far more advanced. Lukily most neighbours are religious companions. Talking about neighbours, let's take a look at the world map of 1285 BC

Attachments

• world.jpg
    world.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 107
The West of the continent was rather friendly towards the Egyptians -mainly due to the opportunistic choice of Hats II of religion. As the Buddhust religion reached Thebes from the Indian South, Hats II and with her a lot of her advisors were in the awe of an well structured religion. They converted themselves to Buddhists and with them the whole empire. Rumours tell Hats II would be given financial rewards for her conversion from Asoka, the Buddhis founder, but that has never been proved.

When a new religion, Hinduism reached Alexanderia and more importantly also Memphis, Egypt's 2nd city, Hats II had a difficult choice to make. Egypt was divided by two religions. The English invented themselves also a third kind of faith, but this has never been a hit, fortenately for Hats II. Hinduists increased their influence in Heliopolis and Elephantine, the only Egyptian harbour and important mining city. As Moa and also Beth converted to Hinduism, Hats II chose to hide her real faith, banned Buddhist priests out of the country and declared Hinduism the official Egyptian state religion. As you can imagine, Asoka was not very pleased with this, neither were the Eastern rulers, but hey, the East was so far away.

Hats II didn't had any problems with the religious frictions with the foreign countries as her army was one of the strongest of the continent. Now, however, Hats IV has more problems to canalize the hostile East into diplomacy. Jules, a leader of the very eastern Romans, declared war to Egypt together with C-pac, a very small empire in the south. The first Roman attacks were unsuccesfull, mainly due to poor terrain management of the Roman generals and obsolete war tech.

After years of a de facto cease fire, the Romans were now standing at the Egyptian frontier with 2 armies, one heading to Memphis but the bigger one going for the capital. Here you can find the situation poor Hats IV needs to tackle:

Attachments

• Situation1 copy.jpg
    Situation1 copy.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 74
Numbers of the Roman armies were not enormous, but the first wave of Roman-Incan attacks killed the backbone of the Egyptian army. Now, compared to the Roman armies, the EETs, Egyptian Elite Troops, were far outnumbered -also by technology.

1st Roman Army contained 3 Crossbowmen, a War Elephant, a Catapult and a pikeman. The second army only contained 1 crossbowman and a war elephant.

The EETs only contained of only two axemen and one archer and are finding themselves in the hills southern of Thebes. Thebes is defended by a swordsman and two axemen, Memphis by only one archer. Other cities did not contain any forces to be useful against those advanced Roman legions.

Seeing the Roman forces, Hats IV ran to her follows Saladin, Beth and Moa. None of them wanted to help her: Moa was already waging war against Asoka, Saladin was looking to Egyptian Alexandria which was pushing against the Arab border and Beth was still outrageous of the rebelions in Hastings, a city which has recently joined the Egyptian empire. The joining of Hastings ment an increase in luxury for the Egyptians, with sugar and banana.

Will Hats be able to hold both main cities? Or will even more Romans come in ?

Finally! A story about a collapse of an empire! all the other story tellers are really good and always win. Gets you your nerves after a while. but welcome to the forums and Ill be reading your story!

Yeah, I like your writing style. I like your idea of an empire's collapse, assuming you don't have something up your sleeve. BtW, I find your choice of nicknames interesting. Any reason your using those?
Oh yeah, Welcome to CFC! :band::band:

Top Bottom