JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

What does make a leader interesting to you?
  • JFD has a fetish for abiding interest in Monarchies
  • Truly fascinating historical figures will often bypass the Monarch requirement.
  • Anyone about whom Jan says: "I found this person interesting. They would make an interesting leader. What d'ya think?"

Hey Jan, do you find people more interesting when a substantial amount of money's involved? ;)

Can Unique GP grant bonuses if added to the privy council? Something like a extra +5% of whatever council bonus they grant.

• JFD has a fetish for abiding interest in Monarchies
  • Truly fascinating historical figures will often bypass the Monarch requirement.
  • Anyone about whom Jan says: "I found this person interesting. They would make an interesting leader. What d'ya think?"

Well, I don't respect non-monarchs, because they're inherently lying about their sovereignty - and I'm a Hobbesian fanboy :p But I'd say its a fetish for dethroned monarchs (and the more misunderstood or erroneously slandered, the better!) - Cixi, Nicky, Lili, Min, Manuel II, Pedro II, Pius IX - based upon complex attachment issues. Don't much care for royalism, though. Absolutely disgusting.

Hm. I dunno, I think all non-monarch choices can be explained away on a case by case basis, for other reasons. Lenin was to quieten the horde of communist fanboys asking me for it. The WW2 civs and WW1 civs are part of a set that happen to mostly include non-monarchs because of the era. Hannibal because I found a really good image to use from Total War. Switzerland is too old for me to remember, but the civ definitely came before Dufour. Novgorod, Iceland, and Milan similarly took my interest before their respective leaders. No idea where Lincoln came from, but I don't find him particularly interesting. So I'd say the rule of thumb is: if you want to catch my interest, deposed monarchs win out, other monarchs come next (priority given to more powerful/influential/signficant ones), and then on the basis of the civ. I can't say non-monarchs would ever actually interest me on their basis alone. I suppose the exception is the Mad Baron :lol: I love Popes too, they get priority :D

Can't refuse Jan. Gotta keep up appearances that there is some semblance of a balance of power in the Empire :p

Can Unique GP grant bonuses if added to the privy council? Something like a extra +5% of whatever council bonus they grant.

No, because there is an infinite number of unique GP and a finite number of dummy policies that I can make to register Privy Council members, and dummy policies have fixed bonuses, unlike buildings.

I wish vanilla Brazil was led by Vargas so JFD could have made Pedro. Actually, I don't. Him being in the game has led to a positive reevalution of him in Brazil, so I'm glad he was included.
What are the chances for a surprise Portugal in the WW1 pack?

Personally I'm more interested in a WWI Thailand. You've got a monarchy and you've got a theme, what else could you hope for?

Speaking of deposed monarchs and pack-based classification - if you ever did get around to making Wilhelmina, which pack would you place her in?

Oh yes, Wilhelmina is awesome, too :D I'd probably put her in both WW1 and 2, though 2 if I had to choose.

I have slipped Pope Innocent a nail file. Every night while Emperor JFD sleeps Innocent is slowly filing away at the bars of his PopeCage. He will escape when you least expect it to order on the Fourth Crusade against the Empire's infidels!

Can't refuse Jan. Gotta keep up appearances that there is some semblance of a balance of power in the Empire :p

I'm just unpaid workforce most of the time, but I take great pride in being one of the key proletarian pillars of your totalitarian regime. :p If I am in a position to say what leaders I find "interesting" - I usually don't. I value civs and correspondent periods of time more, rather than the leaders themselves - for me the choice of a leader is secondary or tertiary to the composition of the civ and what the civ itself strives to represent. Unless they are Big Named Leaders or are utterly meme-worthy like Augustus II of Poland/Saxony. :p

I'm just unpaid workforce most of the time, but I take great pride in being one of the key proletarian pillars of your totalitarian regime. :p If I am in a position to say what leaders I find "interesting" - I usually don't. I value civs and correspondent periods of time more, rather than the leaders themselves - for me the choice of a leader is secondary or tertiary to the composition of the civ and what the civ itself strives to represent. Unless they are Big Named Leaders or are utterly meme-worthy like Augustus II of Poland/Saxony. :p

See, citizens? A balance of power between civs and alt. leaders unseen in other nations. What a glorious system.

I have slipped Pope Innocent a nail file. Every night while Emperor JFD sleeps Innocent is slowly filing away at the bars of his PopeCage. He will escape when you least expect it to order on the Fourth Crusade against the Empire's infidels!

Oh! I hope he hasn't starved down there. Forgotten to feed him for a few months :p

Well, I don't respect non-monarchs, because they're inherently lying about their sovereignty - and I'm a Hobbesian fanboy :p But I'd say its a fetish for dethroned monarchs (and the more misunderstood or erroneously slandered, the better!) - Cixi, Nicky, Lili, Min, Manuel II, Pedro II, Pius IX - based upon complex attachment issues. Don't much care for royalism, though. Absolutely disgusting.

No, because there is an infinite number of unique GP and a finite number of dummy policies that I can make to register Privy Council members, and dummy policies have fixed bonuses, unlike buildings.

So what your saying is we need to make Justin Trudeau a King or Emperor, and then immediately dispose of him for Stephen Harper if we want you to make a Canada Civ? :p At least, that's what I got out of it.

A shame, but I should have remembered there's only a max of 255 dummy policies.

Top Bottom