Your 3 Fav civs this far?

The A.K.T

Warlord
Just waiting untill Friday and then i thought, what kind of Civs does people Favor over others? This is not a poll tho. just wanna see which 3 Civs you call your favourites. Explain plz. For me:

Inca.
I dont really know why, i usally play civs with a strong medival UU, but i just like them. The Amount of Money they can make, Their UI is fun too. And makes Mountains a little more interresting. Overall they are a very strong Civ. Wich bonusses isent just linked to a specific era.

Denmark
1 and formost, im danish. Secound, i really like them. They idea of going quikly in with Beserkers, plundre, and invade territory, plus attacking Cityes Directly from the sea.
Their UA is strong for early exploration too. Overall a very fun, and strong civ. My go to Civ on Naval maps.

Mongolia.
The last one was a very hard choice. But Mongolia made it. I Like thier Kit alot. Everything is gathering around building a Brutal horse hord, with Keshics, Khans, and some Horsemen to finish the job. Usally my Goal with them is counqoring an Intire continent. On Huge.

1. The Dutch. Once those polders turn into tulip fields... just pretty.
2. The Germans. Having one or two warriors turn into 12 warriors, archers, and even a spearman or two through barbarian conversions, freeing me up hammers to build up infrastructure.
3. Siam. 50% bonus from FRIENDLY CSs, without the risk of allied CSs being overthrown and losing all of the bonuses, influence and possibly money spent getting you there.

1 Rome: Legions and ballistae are extremely powerful.
2 Genghis: I love their UU
3 Attila: Battering rams can take any city in the classical era. Back that up with horse archers and you have a great classical era army

China - I'll admit to be a bit biased toward this civilization. My BA is in Chinese Studies, so I have a natural curiosity toward anything related to China. Outside of that, I actually find their ability to field a strong military and carry a robust economy and science output to match my play style really well. I really enjoy playing as China.

Ethiopia - I knew almost as soon as their UA was announced that I was going to love playing as Ethiopia. I like to run tall empires, sometimes with only three cities. (Yes, I know, Selassie's UA doesn't discourage expansion... in this particular case, it's just my play style. Heck, maybe I should try a game where I play him a little wider.) Sometimes, I play the isolationist card to a fault with him, but most of the time I'm a small but really strong empire. I especially like his UB.

The Netherlands - I am aware of the fact that some people do not look favorably upon this particular civilization, but I really enjoy playing as them. I love building trade empires, and The Netherlands allow me to do that better than any other civilization in the game (so far... hehe). Having such a strong economy means I'm able to purchase my way toward a victory condition, but it takes some work and it's not without its challenges. Plus, those polders are pretty awesome. :)

1. Babylon. This is my go to civ when I'm frustrated and want to beat up on the AI. The UU is a nice replacement, and the early GS makes it hard to avoid being awesome at tech early on.
2. China. Tech machinery, upgrade to CKNs, win.
3. Rome. I'm a builder, and the UA of Rome just feeds that for me.

-S

1. Egypt: wonder spam can be fun. for whatever reason I enjoy to switch it up and actually use horse archers and Egypt is perfect with a UU.
2. Arabia: also has a UU like Egypt. I find myself always flush with cash using Arabia, and in a game where you are managing happiness and gold, if one is good to go, you can really focus on the other. Arabia makes the game a lot easier. also playing against them is a joy, as they often are your friend and will stand by your questionable decisions.
3. Austria: I love buying city states because the weakest part of my game is that I often get up a solid 3 bases, then find myself not remotely satisfied with nearby locations but there is always one hostile city state I don't need that has like 5 resources or a wonder, and its cool to just buy that out instead of having to be a warmonger of sorts.

close but no cigar: England with their ridiculous UU's, Darius with his perma positive happiness/golden age if handled correctly, and I enjoy the celts for the challenge as well as the immediate faith that can totally change your start and entire game.

really its hard to pick 3, as I find myself changing my top 3 all the time based on who I play.

In no particular order:

- France: a good all-rounder, especially because the UA allows you to expand without punishing you too much in terms of SP acquisition. I'll be playing them first in BNW to see how they've changed.

- England: hard to beat on water maps, and the extra spy is very handy indeed. I don't play Domination very often but it's a shame to go for anything else as England.

- Arabia: very nice for an easy game where you'll never be short of money. The Camel Archer is a great UU, too.

1. Carthage
IMO, this civilization has three amazing abilities - instant trade routes on all coastal cities, mountain hopping, and powerful classical UUs (early-game warmongering). The instant coastal trade routes are great for boosting your own economy. The African Forest elephants don't even require horses, but are still powerful and fearsome units (albeit slightly slower than normal horsemen). The quinquereme (a trireme replacement) is an excellent support unit for your land units, and can prove very helpful when capturing cities [the cheap cost also allows you to spam this ship]. Mountain hopping opens up new strategic possibilities for your armies - instead of marching your armies through a mountain pass, you can just march over the mountains! Excellent civilization. 10/10

2. England
Faster naval units, an extra spy, and two powerful UUs makes England an excellant civilization. Longbowman can knock out enemy units from a very far distance, and SOTLs are considerably more powerful than Frigates. The extra spy allows you to defend your capital against enemy spies, while stealing technology with the other spy. 9/10

3. Japan
Excellent for warmongering [we all know why] 8.7/10

In no order:

America- I love the +1 sight from the very beginning as it tends to ensue a pretty smooth early game.

Japan- their UA and Samurais, that is all. (though I haven't played them all that much after G&K expansion, since you can't just B-line for them as easily)

Austria- As my friends will you, I'm never good at growing my secondary cities...or even my capital for that matter. Buying out a city state or two significantly boosts my output and ability to react to conflict.

Korea also one of my favourite factions. They are great for Science Victory. also, Turtle Ships just great. I may relplace her with Ottomans.

so, my list

Mongolia
Huns
Korea

Arabia - The UB is great when trading for lumps of gold, and Camel Archers are amazing, being able to deal good damage and retreat to safer lines, making them good at taking down cities. The UA also ensures I'll never run out of oil for my forces towards the late-game. Enough bombers could even take on civs one era ahead of me.

Inca - Very powerful UA, useful for scouting and aggression. And Terrace Farms can make mountain-based cities flourish significantly.

Ottomans - A fun civ to play when being aggressive, Janissaries are great at finishing off weakened foes and receiving some health in return. Very powerful to use especially considering you retain the health bonuses when upgrading them. The reduced naval maintenance costs is nice, too.

1: The Netherlands: Polders are awesome, and sea beggars are as well. I can get lots of money fast as them.

2: Arabia: I love camel archers, and the UB allows me to get trading partners and get cash.

3: Siam: Great for growing your capital fast. I got a culture victory and a size 66 capital playing OCC as them.

1.) England - Babylon , Korea, and the Inca out teching you? Just steal it! SOL and Longbows are 2 of the best UUs in the game and the English Navy is unparallelled for tall domination games with lots of puppets I love England!
2.) Dutch - I love naval warfare, when I want to go wide I go with the Dutch and make use of the Dutch East India Company
3.) Babylon - Bowman are early game awesome! and its one of the better Civs for knocking out super fast Science Victories

Top Bottom