Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

Hopefully the next version will fix that issue.

In the meantime, too bright? Perhaps each culture group should have its own colour, à la CIV? Or perhaps just make it match the text a bit better?:

Spoiler :

Yeah, just make it a notch darker to match the text. I don't think separate colours for each group is necessary... Civ already has a distinct colour code and adding too many new colours would be distracting. And mods already add new colours: Piety, Prestige, Health...

I think different colours would be good, personally. If you're going to have something where cities are different culture groups, then it'd be much easier to visualise if you could see the different colours on the bar, otherwise there'd be no point in having it and you'd be better off just having an icon or text or something.

I think different colours would be good, personally. If you're going to have something where cities are different culture groups, then it'd be much easier to visualise if you could see the different colours on the bar, otherwise there'd be no point in having it and you'd be better off just having an icon or text or something.

I agree that different cultures should have their own colours. But not every culture has its own definitive colour palettes, so it would be up to judgement.

Less is more. Introducing 20 new colours to an already hectic colour code of Civ 5 would be a nightmare to look at. Culture is culture, distinct pinkish purple, easily identifiable. Let's assume the players can read the culture group's name.

Yeah, but what happens when you've got 60% Mediterranean, 20% Islamic, and then 10% of both Oriental and Western? There's no way you're going to be able to see all of those on that bar. Sure, you can do a tooltip, but having a bar with different colours means it's easy to see quickly what the makeup of the city is. I don't think overlap with yield colours would be an issue either if done properly, like how civ colours are completely distinct from it

Colours it is isn't then :D

Yeah, but what happens when you've got 60% Mediterranean, 20% Islamic, and then 10% of both Oriental and Western? There's no way you're going to be able to see all of those on that bar. Sure, you can do a tooltip, but having a bar with different colours means it's easy to see quickly what the makeup of the city is. I don't think overlap with yield colours would be an issue either if done properly, like how civ colours are completely distinct from it

Because of the infinite possibilities, the bar can only display your culture and its percentage. That is why the information is not crucial - it is, by and large, a mechanic for Prestige. In CulDiv, it merely allows for a unique building per dominant culture. Essentially, in the situation you describe, anything other than 60% Mediterranean is not information one needs to know often enough to warrant it being moved outside of a tooltip. Notifications will be sent when the dominant culture(s) changes.

I'm assuming since my Spicio's Rome is a replacer mod for the standard Rome, and uses all the pre-existing Civilization defines for Rome as provided by Firaxis, I will not have to do anything to make it compatible. Yes ? No* ?

Spoiler * :
Oh, I really hope not.

I think colors might be nice but I'd have to see it in action.

Also random sort of idea thingy: possible unique buildings and worker actions for each group? Especially the latter, it came to mind for me that, say, for Steppe civs, workers would be able to breed horses, removing them from a tile and either having them relocate to two adjacent ones, or just one but a permanent Horse is added to your reserve. Or for Colonial a Worker could scout for resources, revealing later-era strategics in a one-tile radius. I might need to compile a big list of things others might possibly do.

Spoiler :
[9749.688] trigger CivIVTraitsNicholas already exists
[9770.904] near "" END
) WHERE CivilizationType = "": syntax error
[9771.497] no such column: Type
[9771.731] table IconTextureAtlases has no column named IconsPerReplace
[9771.731] In Query - insert or replace into IconTextureAtlases('Atlas', 'IconSize', 'Filename', 'IconsPerReplace', 'IconsPerColumn') values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?);
[9771.731] In XMLSerializer while updating table IconTextureAtlases from file Compatibility/LatinAmericanEvent/LatinAmericanIndependenceUnits.xml.
[9772.698] near ")": syntax error
[9774.195] near "VALUES": syntax error
[9779.406]

i get the feeling that this is related to the mod.

im not using his civ-cuba. its cuba. is there any way to fix that without breaking the save?

I'm pretty sure there's more than one - it was intended as a shared Latin American event. Though I don't know if Leugi ever got around to adding it to another.

Regardless, I don't even know how this issue is affecting you, so I'm not sure what you're expecting I can do.

(according to my very poor computing skillz and highly developed logic)

the unit is suppose to spawn for cuba(i assume). since theres a problem with the textures, it can't spawn. im going to delete the folder.

yes. why?
( i just relized how stupid i sounded)

yeah the problem is this:
Spoiler :

[15100.834] trigger CivIVTraitsNicholas already exists
[15119.663] near "" END
) WHERE CivilizationType = "": syntax error
[15121.426] near ")": syntax error
[15122.955] near "VALUES": syntax error
[15128.009]

Top Bottom