Needs guide on merging many mods into one for my Earth 1939

F4llschirmjager

Chieftain
So I have never done any modding before and totally newb at coding here but can make an accurate earth location map quite well on WorldBuilder. I am making a 1939 Earth map scenario and see that JFD's WWII Civilizations mods will suit my scenario perfectly. My questions are

- How do I merge those JFD's civilization mods into one single mod and force them to replace the original civilization. (Is it difficult or need any kind of coding?)

Extras
- How to make religions with preferred bonuses since the beginning like Into the Renaissance scenario and Earth 2014, with starting followers at certain cities? (Is it a difficult task and require some knowledge of programming?)

- How to double a research points required for certain technologies? (I intended to double the research for the rest of technologies after 1939, so you can still play at Standard Speed without getting to Science victory so quickly.)

Anyhow, this is my ongoing Earth map that was heavily redesign and modified from Rhyes Civ IV Earth map. You can see important and major locations of great powers being enlarged. :D

or PM me personally if you want to do the coding and help me with this scenario, I will be doing all the parts that can be done from WorldBuilder, and ofcourse you can share your opinions on how the map would be.

Attachments

• my_earth map.jpg
    my_earth map.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 117
Note I'm only answering your first question:
How do I merge those JFD's civilization mods into one single mod...
You can use whoward69's ModTools to merge mods together.

I'm not sure I consider it "coding," but you'll certainly need to do some editing to make them replace their counterparts. This page gives examples of the 2 different XML syntaxes and the equivalent SQL syntax used for editing database values.

[edited for clarity:]
Before you decide you can change the Type entry to the built-in civ and change <Row> to <Replace>, note that that would work for the main tables (e.g., Civilizations), but for most of the tables, Firaxis didn't bother setting keys as primary or unique. Deleting is fine, but you'll need to use the technique described in this thread.

How is your progress going, I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to coding, however as Nutty
has said "whoward69's ModTools" is brilliant at combining mods and you can choreograph the load order with it also and it will fix minor errors and or tell where the error is and what it should be so you can fix it your self. I use it to combine my favorite mods of which there is about 30, good luck with your project, i wouldn't mind playing it myself:)

Top Bottom