Hivemind ai?

katfish

Warlord
There is no other explanation i can imagine.
Like i play continents and try to get Great Lighthouse only to fail 3 turns to napoleon.
Then i reload and postpone boat and squeze extra hammers, only to get notice about faraway land GL 6 turns earlier than Napoleon's. What the hell? It like
"Ai 1 - Build GL"
"Ai 2 - Buld HG"
And when i reload
"A 1 - you will fail - get another wonder"
"A 2 - you get GL"
:mad:

The other explanation is that all of the AI's build order is based, in part, on an RNG. In one case France randomly started building the GL, and in another case it's another AI. That's nothing to get upset about.

True its about the roll of the dice and the numbers. Its not rigged unless you consider the programs which says the AI will do X if A + B is constant. etc. So there is a 34% chance that they will do X if this equation is met. So like it has been said above nothing to be mad about. Just the AI is not a super computer :lol:

True its about the roll of the dice and the numbers. Its not rigged unless you consider the programs which says the AI will do X if A + B is constant. etc. So there is a 34% chance that they will do X if this equation is met. So like it has been said above nothing to be mad about. Just the AI is not a super computer :lol:

Yea, the AI will not always follow the same path and make the same decisions. I've found this especially true with religion and usage of great engineers. If you roll back 10 turns to an autosave to before the AI in question has picked a pantheon or used a GE to rush a wonder, you will sometimes find they change their mind and choose a different one. Whether this is down to there not actually being a standout option and them just choosing one at random, I don't know.

As an aside, it's usually easier to declare war on the AI than try to squeeze hammers. Usually they'll stop building wonders and start building troops. If you're really into it, you can pay someone else to declare war on them. Sometimes even parking troops at his borders is enough. It will probably nag you about your troops though. The AI loves its double jeopardy questions.

As an aside, it's usually easier to declare war on the AI than try to squeeze hammers. Usually they'll stop building wonders and start building troops. If you're really into it, you can pay someone else to declare war on them. Sometimes even parking troops at his borders is enough. It will probably nag you about your troops though. The AI loves its double jeopardy questions.

"My loyal subjects, I come to you to announce that it is long past time we ceased allowing this unwarranted aggression and fight back against our tormentors! As of this day, and until no stone lies atop another in their capital city, we shall be united in the singular purpose of war with our most hated of enemies: A Faraway Land!"

Top Bottom