Babylon, Demigod. Do I have any chance?

But that is again asking for an OCC for as long as cultural buildings are buildable and abandon the OCC-principle later on.
As a rule, I disagree. The research pace can be too slow in a OCC. Getting other towns up does hasten research, which gets one to the possibility of better wonders earlier. Also, other towns can have some workers join to the OCC for faster growth or development in that city.

You might be right on Tiny Chieftain or something though where research cost is rather low.

As a rule, I disagree. The research pace can be too slow in a OCC. Getting other towns up does hasten research, which gets one to the possibility of better wonders earlier. Also, other towns can have some workers join to the OCC for faster growth or development in that city.
With a few exceptions the research pace before the middle age should be sufficient to not run out of wonders. Since the ancient wonders really matter for culture and tourism i would argue that not building any settlers is the better approach in most, but of course not all circumstances. Getting the Statue of Zeus and hopefully also Knights Templar is of course very important for military expansion.
You might be right on Tiny Chieftain or something though where research cost is rather low.
Well, Huge and Sid might be an exception, but for Tiny and Demigod i would estimate that my rule still holds true. I am however not too confident on that assessment. There seems to be some serious room for interpretation.

Top Bottom