City architecture

poekie70

Chieftain
Hello all, we all know the different architectures, asian, european, native american and africa, I know that this is a bit odd but does anyone else not play as a civilization because of their architecture. I never play as good civs lik babylon, arabia and ethiopia because I think their buildings and cities look ugly especially in the renaisance era and beyond. I'd like to know if there are other people like me who look at this and also don,t play certain civs for their architecture.:crazyeye:

I like "european style" (England, France) it look gorgeous in Industrial, with the funnels. I like oriental style, but like you, only on medieval period.

This dovetails well into something I'm hoping they implement in Civ 6 (whenever that happens): giving each civ an appropriate unique asset to represent the palace in the capital. So, like, America gets the White House, England gets Buckingham Palace, Korea gets the Blue House, etc.

I just like the idea of more specific flavor in general.

As much as wonderful that is Navel, the thing is it would require MORE art assets and is quite frankly a pointless thing, if it doesn't change the game's balance/progress and is an aestethic flavour then it is pointless to consider and unlikely to happen.

Oh I'm sure it's unlikely to happen, it's just something I'd think was cool is all. For the ancient civilizations they could use their best guess, or just something iconic, I guess, like the classic Carthaginian harbor or the Ishtar gate. Again, though, not gonna happen.

Perhaps this could be a new Victory path to win. You just don't get the white house automatically but need to build it. Well a house requires more than one 2x4. You you need to acquire many parts in order to build kinda like the spaceship victory.

Brew God

If it doesn't hurt in a war or i need a castle for Neuschweinstien, I try not to build walls because it ruins my feeling of having huge metropolitan cities, when a wall cuts huge swath into the city.

Perhaps this could be a new Victory path to win. You just don't get the white house automatically but need to build it. Well a house requires more than one 2x4. You you need to acquire many parts in order to build kinda like the spaceship victory.

Brew God
But then consider something like Babylon or Egypt: logically, their UP (unique palace) would have to come very very early, unless you wanted a modern Cairo or Baghdad legislature building as their UP. In that case, unless the AI is absurdly inept, what stops ancient civs from winning early on?

Civilization architecture is different... Atilla architecture ended up looking like European architecture instead of Asian architecture.. I'm guessing since the music also sounds like the European music civilizations.

Polynesia's architecture is freaking epic. Especially when you get black and orange skyscrapers in the modern era. I'd totally live in one of those :D

If I'm just spitballing this derail of an idea, one thought would be that this unique asset would be like a one-time-use unique improvement, which grants access to your civilization's UA, which must then be guarded securely lest it fall into enemy hands...

Top Bottom