Inquisition, Holy War as Religious Civics

Craig_Sutter

Deity
I know the Inquistor mod introduced an inquisitor unit that works against non-state religions. However, doing this with a unit has never struck me as the best way to go... it seems more like a civic choice to me.

I haven't any skill creating mods, however, it seems a rebuffed civics mod may want to include such a change. Perhaps the new civic would eliminate non-state religions over time, increase unhappiness in cities where there is a large population of other religions, decrease science or culture, and disallow spread of non-state religion (as Theocracy). Perhaps it would generate more gold (acquisition of heretics property), or increase the spread rate of the state religion, as positives.

Another civic, holy war, might increase unit experience, and allow draft... this to emulate such things as the crusades, or the rapid Arab expansion in the late half of the first millenium. I haven't thought much on possible pros and cons of this civic.

Anyhow, these ideas for possible religious civics need some work as far as detail... but seem to me to be good additions if someone can put them together.

I think what would be better than a civic, however, is a dialogue box that allows you to set this policy in place. I mean, a Holy War requires someone to be at war with. But basically, you could get a dialogue box asking if you want to enact one of these policies, and if you click yes, it goes ahead and does whatever the policy is and if you click no, then it obviously doesn't.

Top Bottom