Razing City States

Giorsoine

Chieftain
Am I missing something, or is it impossible to raze a city state?

I got 2 placed somewhat close to each other, but neither can get some of the resources placed between them, so want to place a city of my own to get it, but will up up with having to push the city states boundaries back somehow so my city can grow.

CS are treated like Capitals in the game. When you conquer them you cannot burn them down, and when you take them from an AI who has conquered them you are given the option to liberate.

If Austria is in the game, CS cease being treated as CS/Capitals when they join Austria by marriage. At this point they become normal Austrian cities and you can raze until your heart's content.

Yes, unless one of those cities is either another CS or another player's capital (it does happen, once in a blue moon).

Actually, CS will generally raze raze cities they conquer unless they are CS/Capitals. I read in another post that cities with wonders might also be spared the flame by a CS, but I have not been able to test this. conquered cities are not autorazed in 1 turn (this only happens in an OCC game), but burn over number of turns like when a player chooses to raze the city. During this time, they can be taken from the CS and either annexed, puppeted, or razed.

Yes, unless one of those cities is either another CS or another player's capital (it does happen, once in a blue moon).

I wish it were more frequent. I've yet to see it in one of my games.:(

Just for the curios ones, the reason why you can't raze CS and Capitals is probably so the the playe and now AI (with the upcoming patch) takes advantage of the "Liberation" ability that ressurectts a civ.

I wish it were more frequent. I've yet to see it in one of my games.:(

if there is a city that i do not want, i will try to set up a cs ally to conquer it. usually only works if the cs is very close to the city and i have given them a ton of units to pound the wanted city.

they do raze most cities, but i dont think they raze wonders, and a few other times, i've seen them keep up to 4 cities.

Top Bottom