Unique City-States (@adan_eslavo expansion)

Bug: Prague's ability to provide extra culture and faith is not working properly. When a missionary or prophet is expended, the extra yields and message will trigger more than once. When playing as the Shoshone, expending a missionary triggered 38 events which yielded 789 culture and 1578 faith (looking at InstantYieldSummary log) in the classical era. Each event created 10 to 29 culture. I believe the yields are working correctly, just there is something wrong with the # of events.

There were 5 times a unit was expended (3 prophets and 2 missionaries), and each time 38 events were created. The game was a duel game. 2 major civs, 4 minors. No errors in Lua.

VP version: 4.5.1, UCS 16.2
Holy crap, this was working well when I tested it...

Bug: Prague's ability to provide extra culture and faith is not working properly. When a missionary or prophet is expended, the extra yields and message will trigger more than once. When playing as the Shoshone, expending a missionary triggered 38 events which yielded 789 culture and 1578 faith (looking at InstantYieldSummary log) in the classical era. Each event created 10 to 29 culture. I believe the yields are working correctly, just there is something wrong with the # of events.

There were 5 times a unit was expended (3 prophets and 2 missionaries), and each time 38 events were created. The game was a duel game. 2 major civs, 4 minors. No errors in Lua.

VP version: 4.5.1, UCS 16.2
I have just installed latest VP and ran a test game, and everything looks fine. Only 1 trigger. Tested on both Missionary and Prophet.
2024-03-11_17h24_11.png

Ok... Then it must be with my mix of mods. For the game I was playing, I changed the lua. Used math.floor(the variable / 38 + 0.5) and it basically got the right values.

Ok... Then it must be with my mix of mods. For the game I was playing, I changed the lua. Used math.floor(the variable / 38 + 0.5) and it basically got the right values.
I don't understand. So using the math.floor in some place fixed the multiple triggering issue?
Keep informing me about the results. I'm curious about this issue.

No. But dividing each value by the 38 instances gets me a random value between 10 to 30 for the culture, scaling by era.

I've been encountering a problem after incorporating this mod (version 16.2) into a mod pack using the MPMP_Maker (the one that is typically used for making multiplayer mod packs for Civ5).
The city states themselves seem to work reasonably well, but when the first event where you must "Make Event Choice" (as in the event system in Vox Populi) pops up, nothing happens when I click on it.
I can't continue to the next turn either because the event choice is mandatory. I can't use Shift + Enter to proceed to the next turn neither. I have not enabled logging yet, just casting a line to see if
anyone else has encountered this issue and knows how to fix it. The mods I'm using in the mod pack are attached to this post below:
Civ Modpack Modlist.png

Po
I've been encountering a problem after incorporating this mod (version 16.2) into a mod pack using the MPMP_Maker (the one that is typically used for making multiplayer mod packs for Civ5).
The city states themselves seem to work reasonably well, but when the first event where you must "Make Event Choice" (as in the event system in Vox Populi) pops up, nothing happens when I click on it.
I can't continue to the next turn either because the event choice is mandatory. I can't use Shift + Enter to proceed to the next turn neither. I have not enabled logging yet, just casting a line to see if
anyone else has encountered this issue and knows how to fix it. The mods I'm using in the mod pack are attached to this post below:View attachment 687278
Post this problem on vp discord "multiplayer" channel. I didnt add any of such events, and these dummy ones I used fir the mod to work, work well on sp.

That's pretty neat! I assume it's from this mod? I wonder what the conflict it was.

Just checking, if I reload my save, and it still pops up, is something wrong, or I'm good to go?

Attachments

• Sid Meier's Civilization V - Conflict CS.png
    Sid Meier's Civilization V - Conflict CS.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 25
That's pretty neat! I assume it's from this mod? I wonder what the conflict it was.

Just checking, if I reload my save, and it still pops up, is something wrong, or I'm good to go?
Yes. Reload is enough.

Having Hanuabada in game (at least as an ally) completely bricks the ability to make sea trade routes.

Well, not just Hanuabada, deleting Riga htrough IGE also fixes things

Last edited:
Hmm, Anangula uses default table. So which one causes issues? All three? They use different abilities afair.
Any logs, screenshots?

Last edited:
No logs, screenshots are basically the same as on github.

I fixed the problem by conquering Anangula, and was able to send sea trade routes after the corresponding UCS event had expired.

No logs, screenshots are basically the same as on github.

I fixed the problem by conquering Anangula, and was able to send sea trade routes after the corresponding UCS event had expired.
Hey, I have just tested my mod with VP 4.6 and I cannot replicate it... Everything is fine.
2024-04-06_10h31_47.png

2024-04-06_10h32_20.png

2024-04-06_10h32_14.png

Any special steps needed beside making an Alliance with Anangula?

I dont understand much about modding, which logs do you need and where can i find t
Because everything is fine on my side playing with VP 4.6+, I need:
a) your full mod list
b) database.log
c) lua.log
If you play with low amount of mods, f.e. VP + UCS only, you can also post
d) save file.

I think it can be mod conflict on your side. That's my assumption.

Because everything is fine on my side playing with VP 4.6+, I need:
a) your full mod list
b) database.log
c) lua.log
If you play with low amount of mods, f.e. VP + UCS only, you can also post
d) save file.

I think it can be mod conflict on your side. That's my assumption.
1712400156118.png
1712400179926.png
1712400121042.png

Attachments

• Database.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Lua.txt
    36 bytes · Views: 1
Top Bottom