Gifted great people in G&K

Mesix

The Allfather
With the Patronage policy tree, one of the benefits is that CS allies will occasionally gift great people. I have not given this a whirl since G&K (Patronage is not one of my favorite policy trees, but I do like to change up the formula occasionally). I was wondering how these gifted great people are treated in respect to the cost of future great people. In G&K many of the game mechanics which provide a "free" great person (i.e. Liberty finisher, Leaning Tower of Pisa) have been changed so that normally generated great people become more expensive as a result. Are the Patronage gifted great people treated the same way?

I was just about to ask this question. I'm turns away from selecting this policy in an Inca game, and I'd love to know if doing so will hamper my internal GP engine. If we don't get an answer by tomorrow, I'll hopefully be able to fill in the blanks.

I'm sure it will not. Not all free GPs will increase the cost of generated GPs; faith-GPs, Babylon free GS and CSGPs being some of them.

Currently playing a Sweden game: Allied CS gave me a GG which did not increase GG cost. I assume it works the same way for the other GPs as well.

Top Bottom