Boudicca the Celt - smartest, most productive Civ in the world

earthwulf

Warlord
It's crazy. I decided to step back 2 levels & try out the expac on Prince/Huge/Continents +/Marathon ... and she has double my number of techs. Every 5 turns she's completing another Wonder. I managed to get a couple in the early game, but right now - she's a science/wonder fool. I've no idea how she's doing it; I'm feeling lucky, though, as my tourism is the highest in the game.

This seems to be a completely different game than before - my old style needs to change. On the flip side, the only reason why I seem to need a military is to stop the barbarians. Apparently they are rampaging now.

I found that the civ that gets the solomon's mines will end up spamming wonders one after another, perhaps that's what happened to Boudicca in your game.

Gah. No wonder.
At least, no Natural wonder. For me, anyhow.

Hrm. Having a hard time finding out what the bonus is that allows that sort of spam. Hammer bonus, maybe? edit: - yup, +6 hammers

Well the celts typically get ahead early on due to their heavy emphasis on religion/faith, I usually try to take them out fairly quickly before they can make effective use of their early faith lead

I didn't even come across em until they were more than an era ahead of me. Maybe huge maps aren't the way to go.

Harm... huge map. Max city states & civs ... this'll be fun

At that point I would suggest turning other civs against the celts since you cannot take them on your own, and then possibly use that to carry you to a diplo victory?

Top Bottom