Islandia's G&K GMR game - one turn per day

Greetings to our neighbors the Swedes! Fear not for you lack of spiritual inspiration, the great Byzantine people will share our understandings of Life, the Universe, and Everything with all of our neighbors, that they might be benefited as we are :)

Greetings from Austria to the Celtic warrior exploring near our lands!

We ask, if you wish to be helpful to your neighbours, that you not enter the forest east of the lake on this turn, nor the bare hills ESE of there (east of the horses if you can see them) on the next turn. If you choose to do so, we'll have to assume that you wish to hinder our settlement plans, which, as you can infer from this, are currently away from your lands.

Belated greetings also to the Carthaginian warriors spotted wandering amongst ancient ruins many seasons ago! You seem to be our nearest neighbours, whether you've discovered this yet or not. We are happy to cede to you the southern coastline.

Hmn, which is it: the Celtic diplomat has screwed up, or the celts are trying to tell us they prefer to stand in our way than be helpful...?

Greetings to the Spanish. May we have some of those tasty looking fruit?

Hmn, which is it: the Celtic diplomat has screwed up, or the celts are trying to tell us they prefer to stand in our way than be helpful...?

Greetings to the Spanish. May we have some of those tasty looking fruit?

Isabella of Castile and Leon greets the Austrian Empress and declares that we shall share the Citrus and the lands of this continent with our neighbors.

Ah, it is good to know there won't be another Orange War. (for which we take full responsibility; we neglected to buy the tile ASAP, even though we knew we should. Then again, if I had done that, maybe we would've had the same war, but it would've been your responsibility. ;) )

Pacal would like to appologize to our Swedish neighbour that the Maya settler has decided to found the city 1 tile south of the spot that we agreed upon in earlier negotiation. This is inspired by the latest preaching from Spanish strategist Isabelandia on the powerful ICS ability inherited in our blood. By moving 1 tile south we free 2 spots for our future cities considering the city states locations to the north.

While Pacal was a little regret that he did not choose to follow the 'Messenger of the god', he was still happy that the little culture boost to pyramids may help finish liberty faster, and get to the 2nd social policy into rationalism faster to be able to enjoy the benefit of +1 beaker from trading posts spam. Considering that roads cost money in the early game and cities are small, to benefit the +2 beaker from trade route, the treasury may be drained quickly without the lux selling cash from AI. Therefore, Maya ICS is probably stronger in this setting?

Pacal would like to appologize to our Swedish neighbour that the Maya settler has decided to found the city 1 tile south of the spot that we agreed upon in earlier negotiation. This is inspired by the latest preaching from Spanish strategist Isabelandia on the powerful ICS ability inherited in our blood. By moving 1 tile south we free 2 spots for our future cities considering the city states locations to the north.

I think that it will be ok.

This is inspired by the latest preaching from Spanish strategist Isabelandia on the powerful ICS ability inherited in our blood.

Isabella believes in building a prosperous empire where the spires of Madrid will be the admiration of all the land. She does not preach this ICS that you speak of - building many small cities of dubious value. She does not believe you should use her as an excuse for your greedy land grab as the Spanish have not even met the Mayans!

Isabella believes in building a prosperous empire where the spires of Madrid will be the admiration of all the land. She does not preach this ICS that you speak of - building many small cities of dubious value. She does not believe you should use her as an excuse for your greedy land grab as the Spanish have not even met the Mayans!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=471542
:p evidence of your preaching

These fanciful tales of other worlds are of no concern to Isabella. Do not blame your covetous greed on some tenuous story about Mayans in another land!

Why Isabellandia refused to take credit of a good strategy? :mischief:

We shall see how Pacal can do in a different time-space dimension with MP settings :D

Hi, Islandia and everyone, since Starflame was replaced by another player in Fall of Roman, shall we elect to replace another player in this game as well?

I did a little advertising, so Banman will be willing to sub. His Steam ID is banman39
Thanks

Hi, Islandia and everyone, since Starflame was replaced by another player in Fall of Roman, shall we elect to replace another player in this game as well?

I did a little advertising, so Banman will be willing to sub. His Steam ID is banman39
Thanks

Yes we can but he isn't technically kicked yet as far as I can tell. I guess I will ask mel!

Congratulations to the Spanish people for settling the holy mountain of Sri Pada! Indeed it must be the cornerstone of your people's faith, in addition to being exceptionally fertile land, providing bounteous food without even being farmed.

(and I'll have to check out your let's play story sometime...I really like how you always use historical/cultural details from the civs, and you're a good writer.)

Islandia, you'll need to revert the turn. Probably due to his dropping: somehow I got Luciferkid's turn. Not sure if reverting will help, but worth a try.

Hi, Islandia, Heinage agrees to sub, please check the sticky thread, thanks

Do you guys know if LuciferKid meant to leave the game? If he was a sub it's possible he inherited the skip-count of the previous player. I've forgotten to reset that when doing substitutions in the past :)

edit: Nevermind, I just saw your substitution request for that slot

Top Bottom