What combination of traits and flavours makes a Civ more likely to build Settlers?

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
I've searched for this and although there is a fair bit of info I can't find specifically - if you are looking to choose Civs in your game who are likely to build lots of Settlers who are the best (and conversely worst) choices?

I know there are a range of factors and particular ones I have noticed are Sulieman and Viccy spamming lots of Settlers and Gandhi usually staying very small.

imperialistic civs. Jao in pariticular.

IMP and/or CRE seems to work better with expansion (until military side join the game). So Joao, Zara and Catherine would be my top3 I don't like to play against :D

The worst settler builders are the IND leaders and less, the leaders who favor culture + religion.
The ORG leaders also tend to spam cities.

Suryavarman tends to be huge when it comes to citybuilding. Don't remember his traits right now (his may be different on LoR compared to regular BtS).

The trait of the Khmer leader is expansionist. In my games if he has the room to do so he will spam cities like mad. I find expansionist leaders as building large empire's. When they are my direct neighbor I always expand my cities towards them to limit their growth.

Sury seems to be the worst, he loves to build cities right up in my grill. If I raze it he immediately plops down another one.

Cathy and jao could be the top settler spammers since one is imp cre and the other is imp exp..

Top Bottom