Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit OOT, but....

is anyone here familiar with Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) like Coursera, or would like to learn something new that's still history-related? There's a new class going about Ancient Nubia if anyone interested. I'm sure we can use the data and info gained from that class to improve DoC Ancient Era even better, especially for Egypt and Ethiopia. [/U][/B][/COLOR]

Course Name:The Art and Archaeology of Ancient Nubia (by Emory University)

EDIT: There's another one, this time it's about the Industrial Era of DoC.

Course Name:The Modern World: Global History since 1760 (by University of Virginia)

P.S: It's free. I often join many classes like this for fun (not doing the exam, but watch the lectures when I'm free.)

I just finished a Brazil game (3000BC start) and it doesn't look like Argentina or Colombia ever spawned. It looks like France went hyper-aggressive and took over Iberia though. Does there need to be Spanish cities in SA for those two civs to spawn?

I should mention that the Dutch were kicked out of Europe by the French and formed the "Dutch Government in Exile" along the northern coast of South America and the Caribbean.
I went ahead and loaded up my earliest save file, here's a screenshot of SA.

Spoiler :

Since there's no Bogota, then I'd say Colombia has never spawn.
Let's say Maya was alive and Aztec was dead.

1) Aztec respawn as Mexico, and go at war with Maya.
2) This happens past the supposed date for Colombia to spawn.
3) Maya is then dead, but Colombia can no longer respawn.
4) Brazil spawn.

That's one possible scenario out of many others. The best way is to see it and the infographic in the end of the game; to see Maya's performances.

Leoreth are there many things left on you to-do list for version 1.12 ?

No, it's almost empty as far as I remember, but the stuff that's still on it might take some time, depending on how successful I am in ratting out the overflow bug.

The only two things left are tweaking the stability system and fixing the overflow bug, right?

There's supposed to be a bunch of humanistic stuff to add to the late game to give incentives for being nice to/keeping other civilizations alive as well as an Air/Sea unit overhaul.

Otherwise, we don't really need any more techs and there's plenty of content as is.

That I have repressed my memories having to do this.

On a completely unrelated note, I saw an article posted on Facebook by the Civilization page about Norwegian schools using Civ 4 for educational purposes. Not only was the article fascinating, but it also had a screenshot of DoC on it! I don't have the link (I was using my iPad at the time), but you should see it if you of to the Civ page.

On a completely unrelated note, I saw an article posted on Facebook by the Civilization page about Norwegian schools using Civ 4 for educational purposes. Not only was the article fascinating, but it also had a screenshot of DoC on it! I don't have the link (I was using my iPad at the time), but you should see it if you of to the Civ page.
Really?

Which page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom