Islandia

King
Settings that we are playing:

10 players
Large size
Continents
Quick
All victory conditions

Open to anyone but I would ask that you can commit to taking a turn a day or more if possible. Obviously real life intrudes so if you need to be away longer just post in the thread. My aggression level towards other civs may or may not depend on length of time taken for turns (just kidding!). Games I play in tend to attract warmongers (no idea why) so be ready and prepared - no hard feelings carry between games. Also it's helpful to have some diplomacy and discussion in this thread to spread lies and persuade others to your way of thinking.

As I'd like to try out the new civs to see how they can interact, I'd suggest random draw for the new civs. Since some of the new civs depend on start location and/or city states and other specific pre-conditions, start bias will be enabled and the number of city states will be the default for a standard size map.

I will likely start in a week or so to make sure everyone who is getting G&K has it installed and the glitches are worked out.

Hi Islandia!

I want to join this game if it's possible. The day after tomorrow I'll get G&K. I've no problems to play more of one turn a day (except exceptional days, obviously :) ).

Count me in :goodjob:

I am so in! :yeah:

I love the idea of everyone being randomly assigned a new G&K civ. Although I think you'll have to do this yourself as setting players to random in the game creation will pull from vanilla civs as well.

Well, due to great participation, maybe it would be possible to start the game earlier, maybe Monday or Tuesday, isn't it? :D

Yes seems like there is a fair bit of interest. I think that since there are 10 new civs then we can shoot for a 10 player game on Large as long as everyone is taking their turns. I was looking at Shuffle and I think that certain civs can be really hosed if they are missing oceans (like getting stuck on Great Plains or Lake).

I'd suggest we do Europe which means most people will sort of have an idea of what it is without knowing any of the details and it has 1-2 big islands, the main landmass, and the Africa section. Should make for some interesting diplomacy.

Can everyone please post your time zone and play times and I'll get a turn order going and then possibly start this earlier than next week.

As far as civ picks - I will just randomize the 10 new G&K civs and assign one per person before hand. I guess you will just have to trust that I am truly doing it randomly :)

The Huns
The Celts
Carthage
Sweden
Ethiopia
Spain (yes yes I know it's a DLC as well)
Austria
The Maya
Byzantium
The Netherlands

I'm UTC+1 (it's ~2:30am at the moment), though I'm usually on pretty much all day from 1pm-2am because I have no life.

I'm GMT-6 and can play my games almost anytime on the weekdays, and can usually get at least one turn in on the weekends.

GMT - 6 , pretty much all day during the summer, when school gets back in, prolly anywhere from 4-5PM to 9:30 PM, or 5:30 AM - 6:30 AM, but I'm not sure.

GMT+2 here. I have a 24hrs job. Morning, afternoon, night turns (2 weeks each), so it's a bit chaotic.. But I used to be connected between 12:00 and 16:00.

Yep, sign me up. Just put me before E boy in turn order and we'll be sweet.

I got the game and I haven't even played it yet, sheesh!

+1 GMT

Mostly between 8:30 AM and 11 A.M. depending on my work days.
Most of the days i can play again around 11 p.m.(but sometimes I have nightshifts)

Still room? GMT +1
Play between 4 and 10 pm GMT.
Getting G&K tomorrow if the wifi is stable enough.

Heh, go for 12 players, throw in a couple DLCs if all have em, and start another 6 player game to get your quick fix. :)

Top Bottom