An invasion fleet like no other...

That sounds a great game - I should use One More Turn a bit more often. Though it's something of an anticlimax to learn after all that struggle that the Koreans had already won the game long ago...

That sounds a great game - I should use One More Turn a bit more often. Though it's something of an anticlimax to learn after all that struggle that the Koreans had already won the game long ago...

Yeah... they really ran away. Maybe if the Romans had been on their continent instead of Polynesia, they would not have done so well, but there was nobody to stop them and by the time I was in position to do anything... well, he was in quite a hefty position to dislodge.

Funny thing was that none of them runaways were willing to get paid off to declare war - it was either I had to discuss it with them as friends (Rome/Carthage) or they did so on their own terms without my support (Korea/Rome).

Still looks like fun.

Recently on singleplayer I have actually began moving to Emperor rather than Immortal since Immortal has started to feel tedious for me (and I am playing it as a game :p).
Which leads me to ask what level was this?

I haven't used the one more turn feature in so long. Perhaps I really should.

Still looks like fun.

Recently on singleplayer I have actually began moving to Emperor rather than Immortal since Immortal has started to feel tedious for me (and I am playing it as a game :p).
Which leads me to ask what level was this?

I haven't used the one more turn feature in so long. Perhaps I really should.

Immortal

the crazy science bonus AI gets really boosted Korea off the charts, and he was running with quite a number of CS allies (with Patronage)

e: indeed thou should!

The thing about this backstabbing, now that I am looking at it with hindsight... it wasn't a bad plan at all. Dido caught me while I had a far superior foe across the seas tying up my Cat A military assets, when I didn't have enough cash to rushbuy even a single ICBM, and she chose to strike me at a point where I was the weakest (Lyon - which she used a Citadel to steal land beforehand). As mentioned she had 3 atomic bombs, which she did use on Palenque and Pilgrimsville, and judging by the Roman forces milling about my coastal borders, it was... brilliant actually. Or it would have been. She was actually counting on the Romans to swoop in with their own forces through there... that's why she never nuked my capital or Lyon, but she didn't calculate that I would actually sell Korean cities and get that cash to buy a nuke in time.

And as it turned out, Augustus had other plans of his own - and the moment Dido got struck by my own nuclear response, he immediately denounced her.

Yeah... they really ran away. Maybe if the Romans had been on their continent instead of Polynesia, they would not have done so well, but there was nobody to stop them and by the time I was in position to do anything... well, he was in quite a hefty position to dislodge.

Funny thing was that none of them runaways were willing to get paid off to declare war - it was either I had to discuss it with them as friends (Rome/Carthage) or they did so on their own terms without my support (Korea/Rome).

Sejong always performs well as an AI - Augustus usually does too, so yes it would have been good to see them on the same continent.

I've never been able to pay off civs to declare war, except in one early Prince game as vanilla. It's also a lot more dangerous than having friends do it - in that game Darius took my money but had no incentive to continue the war, so declared peace as soon as possible leaving me in the lurch. With friends, you can make them genuinely hate your rival through denouncements etc. and they'll usually stick with the war - not necessarily permanently, but long enough to be useful.

Why are all the pretty ladies in the game so scary? :D Guess because their dad didn't get them that pink fuzzy pony when they were sweet sixteen! :lol:

Wow this looked like an awesome game! I know these kind too, you end up talking about them and remembering them years later. :) I still get flash backs from a few of my games in the past :lol:

what difficulty level is that? I never saw that in Emperor, I will move to Immortal right now. My games are often hard in the 2-300 first turns, but then I always crush everybody, can't get any challenge :(

what difficulty level is that? I never saw that in Emperor, I will move to Immortal right now. My games are often hard in the 2-300 first turns, but then I always crush everybody, can't get any challenge :(

Go nuts

Attachments

• Attila_0341 AD-1921.Civ5Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
He left me with no choice but to go only one route... okay, I was always planning to go that route. But he never built the UN.:(

Spoiler :

T313 - Sejong wins Science Victory

T412 - Sejong loses his capital Seoul

I wonder if winning Science Victory and enjoying it for a 100 turns was worth the price of thermonuclear fire and conquest...
Interesting story, smallfish. Unfortunately, you got Ozy-ed before you get to nuke Seoul.
Spoiler :
Only if Atilla had an Atlamillia (a fist-sized spherical gemstone that allows the bearer to travel through time from Dark Cloud 2) would he not get Ozy-ed.

Top Bottom