I want my religion back

lollibast

Warlord
Hi, so i had the following situation:
I founded my religion and things went fine, had GPs and improved it and then settled them for shrines. Then an AI civ sends a GP to my territory and kicks out all of my religions. I am now in a situation where my own religion isnt dominating in any city but at the same time i produce more faith than any other civ (assuming from CS quest reports). I have aroung 6k faith but i can't build missionaries or GPs to spread my religion. Meanwhile other religions keep creeping in due to "pressure" and i can't do anything about it.

I think GPs spread religions too strongly. In addition to 4 instead of 2 times spreading he completely establishes his religion on first spreading whereas it takes missionaries several times depending on population. Imho the religious pressure is dubious if it's only based on the number of cities in range. How can 3 pop 1 cities excert more pressure than a 40 pop city? And how can you wipe out a religion that produced enough faith to churn out more GPs than everybody else?

You are still able to buy prophets with faith and convert some cities back to your religion (as long as you have your capital/holy city).
If it's not working immediately, wait a few turns.

No, i can't buy anything in my currently religion-free(3 different ones are competing, but due to low pressure my religion can't establish itself als dominant) holy city with faith. I can buy missionaries or inquisitors of other religions in other cities but that would obviously only worsen my situation.
Sidenote: would be good if you could have information as to which religion a miss/inqui belongs to.

From what I understand, GP / Missionaries and Inquisitors are the same faith as the city they are purchased in, so if you lose all of your cities to a rival faith, purchasing won't help you. Your only chance is to generate a GP before the Industrial age and use that (as it is always your faith).

well, looks like i can safely sell all faith producing buildings, if it werent for GA from liberty tree.

so next time i'll send my GP over to an enemy and kill his religion while it's still small instead of investing in faith thats useless once your religion isnt dominating in at least 1 city.

I always build an inquisitor fairly early, and just camp him in my holy city. Prevents this sort of nonsense from happening. I've also been known to declare war over particularly persistent GPs.

They taste so yummy BBQ'd.

Top Bottom