Changed Your Mind on Sponsor Yet?

DarkestOnion

Prince
Given some of the new information we have at our disposal, has anyone changed their mind recently about the Sponsor in which they are most interested? I am still thinking that ARC will be my go-to-folks, but I recently added PAC to the top of my list as well.

Well, I'm not too crazy about losing my humanity by becoming a cyborg, even if it would make us more powerful. And I have zero interest in becoming "one with the planet". So all along, my only real choice has been Purity.

Oops. Sponsor, NOT Affinity. Duh.

#1) Panasian Cooperative
Leader - Daoming Sochua
Bonus - +10% production towards wonders and +25% worker speed
Capital - Tiangong

#2) Kavithan Protectorate
Leader - Kavitha Thakur
Bonus - Outposts develop into cities 50% faster
Capital - Mandira

Hard to compete with faster production. Faster worker growth is almost as good.

I had been mostly considering ARC(due to geographical considerations), but I think maybe I have a new favorite in the Kavithan Protectorate. Still two months to go, so we shall see how things shake up from here.

My original top three were ARC, Kavitha Prot., and Polystralia. Now it's Kavitha Prot., Slavic Fed, and PAC.

Slav Fed sounds really fun to play with, I'm probably gonna pick them on my first go. PAC also seems powerful, and KP, ARC and FI are nice choices too. (P)AU, Brasilia and Polystralia didn't pique my interest that much.

I think I'll play Arc. In Civ V I was most interested in fighting my enemies diplomatically, and it looks like you can do a lot of fun stuff with espionage. Oh, you don't like me? Let's see if you like me better after I send sandworms to your city.

I'm still really interested in Polystralia. I'm always a fan of the diplomatic/trade aspects of the game, so they sound right up my alley. PAC and ARC also seem very interesting to me.

I'd play the ARC mostly because I live in the USA, but then again, espionage was never my way of doing, well, anything. It was very limited in Civ5 compared to Civ4, so if that proves to be expanded on well enough to make it worth choosing them over, say, the KP, then sure I'll go for it.

Franco-Iberia is still my first choice, but I'm more interested in the Slavic Federation now than I expected to be.

Depends on a lot of things but my top three in no particular order would be KP, ARC, and SF.

Flavour-wise, the PAC didn't catch my interest in the beginning. But now that I know its bonus, it's one of my top choices.

But on my first game, I think I'll probably go with the Slavic Federation. The bonus AND the scientific background seem tempting enough.

PAC seems so popular and I want to like them, but in my experience most wonders are impossible to actually get. I actually only tend to build one or two the entire game and usually late game. If we have national wonders then I coukd see some use for their ability. I know there are affinity wonders which might be easier since there would likely be less competition. The other side is worker speed, which is nice. I don't think I'll know until I play whether PAC is such a production powerhouse in reality.

FI is still my choice for first game for rushing through virtues and techs

After that it begins to broaden out
Brasilia-for exploring might tree and combat
ARC-using lots of spies
KP-seeing how their bonus works, and really trying to expand

The others
Poly,
Slavic
PAC
PAU

all have good bonuses, but not particularly interesting ones, so I'd save those for later games*

*exception. I might start the first game with PAU and play one turn to confirm whether it is a growth or a food bonus.

I think PAC and PAU are the strongest factions. This can of course change as soon as we know more about the significance of expansion, the orbital layer and espionage. If it is like the final version of CiV V, you can pretty much ignore anything but production and growth, as long as you build the basic buildings at some point. That is if you play a tall game, which is the better choice in the final version anyway. You can savely play 1cc until turn ~200 every game. REX was pretty much destroyed. I hope this game will not be as one-sided from a competetive point of view. But if it is, PAC and PAU will be the best choices.

I am thinking that PAU will still be my first choice. What I think that I will go for is PAU for high-population cities and go for Harmony. Production will quickly add up and I can field some brawlers and marauders early to police the other nations and ensure... well... that their armies and their opinions are kept separate.

Top Bottom