Peace Treatys and AI War Planning

Barney's_Soul

Warlord
So although I'm a Warlord scrub, I recently started playing with Aggressive AI, and previously was quite used to using the "beg for 1 gold" trick to cancel an AI planning war against me, which iirc always worked, but ever since turning on Aggressive AI, they always just wait for the treaty to end then DOW me o.o. Is this a "feature" of Agressive AI, or was I imagining things and this trick never works?

If AI already is going to attack you than that 1 gold just give you 10 turns time..
But if you catch enemy stack right on border before (s)he declares, you might see it going to target city inside your teritory (if have open borders) and if you have some small island outside your teritory next to that city... when (s)he will declare, all units will travel to island and stay there forever :D Very useful because its rare that they send 2nd stack fast enough :D

If AI already is going to attack you than that 1 gold just give you 10 turns time..
But if you catch enemy stack right on border before (s)he declares, you might see it going to target city inside your teritory (if have open borders) and if you have some small island outside your teritory next to that city... when (s)he will declare, all units will travel to island and stay there forever :D Very useful because its rare that they send 2nd stack fast enough :D

Half true because there is a plot-twist: if under war preps triggered by a refused demand, then the peace treaty beg is gonna neutralize the war preps.

Top Bottom