Acken's Let's Plays Apollo series announcements

I play NSA on Apollo on a frigid archipelago.

Note that my opinion is somewhat negative and that the video is mostly aimed at people that disliked the base game based on imbalance, poor challenge and lack of strategy. If you loved CivBE you may still watch it for another opinion but you've been warned.

Either way, if you agree or disagree with me you may gather some strategic ideas considering how fast I get the mindflower completed ;) The playthrough is also pretty fast at around 3hours total.

Link to video.
Link to playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKVDuZ573bY&list=PL5IXV43xjKWR-Wl3HqnNO2QxlhkuflsM_

Gameplay starts at 10:00 in the first video and the last video is mostly my opinion about the different systems in rising tide.
Last video and opinion:

Link to video.

It definitely confirms what I've been predicting all along, it's being driven more towards a fun multiplayer experience where variety means more than balance, and a severe disappointment in single player because all that stuff they added and most of it (agreements) will never ever be used. You've shown how just how broken it can get, or maybe because all games tends to get broken with you involved :lol:

also it still look piss easy compared to Civ5

Well I've shown it further in another thread with a T151 win. I believe someone with more dedication can get an affinity victory in the 130s. The game needs some heavy patching to earn the title of strategy game in my book.

Though to respond to your post I don't know about multiplayer, the situation looks even worse there.

Thanks for posting this Acken. Will be watching to learn some tricks to brush up on my 4x skills in BE :)

Top Bottom