Simpler Trade Route re-assignment

Cracatau

Chieftain
Does anybody find the re-assignment of trade routes a bit too tedious? That screen is appearing way too often in a game, and most of the time I'm choosing the previous route anyway. Maybe the Trade Route Info window should have a check box for each route <automatic re-assign>, default value On, and we shouldn't be bothered until we go to the screen and de-select for a certain route. Well, I guess it is not possible to see the map at the same time so that is a problem. Any ideas?

Trade routes would be easier to assign if when you had the option, the screen jumped out to a high level strategic view with political boundaries turned on. Then, each potential route could be highlighted on the screen. On the side, show the list as it stands now, but a hover over the option would highlight the route on the screen. Existing routes should also be present with a different highlighting style. That way you can see all the existing routes, all the potential routes, where the route goes (this view would make it simpler to avoid hostile territories) as well as how much each route would yield.

Previous route could certainly be the first and most easily selected option, instead of trying to hunt through the list. The way the mechanic is currently designed, I don't think an "auto choose last route" would work, since you cannot currently interrupt a trade route in progress. So choosing this option would lock a trade route for all time.

Yes, that would be nice, choose the destination and the route (there might have been a discussion about this already). The option would still work - the player selects a route to change, but only gets the re-assign window when the route 'matures'.

I'd hate auto-trade route so I'd hope the default would not be to have it turned on (but you should be able to change it in menu options).

I do think that, when it appears, the screen should be scrolled all the way to the last route so, if you want to re-click it, it's literally one click only.

I'd also like the option to reassign before the time on the route is complete. Its really annoying if you want to DoW someone and have to wait out a trade route to do it.

It looks like a minor mod to the Trade Route available screen could do this; I'm thinking something like select a row on that screen and if you have a cargo ship in that origin city you could be prompted if you wanted to start a route there.
But the thing is with wars and barbs, you really do need to verify that the destination would be safe.

I'd also like the option to reassign before the time on the route is complete. Its really annoying if you want to DoW someone and have to wait out a trade route to do it.

That's. The. Entire. Point.

Put some restrictions that you have to work around, otherwise you might as well play with the worldbuilder.

Yeah, anyone who thinks that losing trade routes to war is a bug not a feature doesn't understand the way the whole thing is supposed to work.

Cornmaster's idea is spot-on for me. Previous trade route should be on top of the list, then the rest should be filter-able on different options.

Top Bottom